Cameo challenge is really inspiring...

A second story by me replying it:

-*Daily Planet, 01/05*-
(I couldn't find a better title!)

Lois and Clark walked in the office, which was still full of Christmas decoration, although it was already January 5.

“Hi Jimmy!” Lois greeted, seeing him sitting on his desk, typing. “Merry Christmas! Where have you been?”

“I went to Hawaii.” Jimmy smiled.

“Christmas in Hawaii?” Clark commented, smiling. “Cool! These articles were definitely good for you and your wallet.”

“Yeah, I guess so.” Jimmy shyly admitted.

“Yes, really, Perry’s idea for the “Odds” was definitely a good move.” Lois added. She turned to Jimmy. “Giving it to you was an even better one. Congratulations.”

“Thanks.” Jimmy’s cheeks were red. “…You know,” he began, “it is not such a big deal… I find all those silly things around the Internet, and… it’s not big deal.”

Clark chuckled, seeing him at such a loss, something not very usual for him.

“Still,” Lois continued, “they’re very good. I remember that article about the Hatman… How many hats did he have? 5,400?”

“4,500,” Jimmy corrected her.

“Whatever.”

“Well the article I liked the most was the one where this guy stayed for twenty minutes in a water tank, reading the “Diva”.” Clark gave his point of view.

“It was the “Elle” he was reading,” Jimmy corrected him too.

“Oh, yeah, right.” Clark had the impression that Jimmy was thinking that they hadn’t paid much attention on his articles.

And, indeed, that was exactly what he was thinking. He sighed, going on with his typing.

“What are you writing about?” Lois asked.

“It’s about a Smallville girl,” he replied in a low voice, “who has never seen the sunshine. She has lived her whole life in the shadow by now.”

“She’s a Smallville girl?” Clark asked, surprised. “I’ve never heard about her. What’s her name?”

“I’m not supposed to write names, so I don’t look for them.” Jimmy answered, concentrated on the screen.

“Oh, well… I’ll ask Mom and Dad, they probably know her.”

“It’s not big deal.” Lois fell on Clark’s shoulder. “I’m bored… I don’t wanna write right now…”

“Lois…” Clark teased her, “aren’t two days of vacation enough?”

“Yeah… Tell me about it…” she grumbled.

“Lois, Clark!” Perry called, standing beside his office’s door. “In my office now!”

“Comin’, Chief!” they both replied.

Lois turned to Jimmy. “Good luck,” she grinned.

She then took Clark’s hand and they both headed to Perry’s office.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...