Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This challenge was inspired by the Do Cameos Distract? poll. Since so many people have asserted that they enjoy cameos in light, comedic fics, I hereby challenge the talented authors on the mbs to write themselves, or other FoLCs, into a story. The story can be as long or short as you'd like, but it does have to be fluffy enough to fit the right kind of genre. smile There's only one other rule: Don't let things get nasty! No putting other FoLCs in deliberately unpleasant situations out of spite. Tank, of course, is the exception, as he likes his WHAMs. goofy But I'm sure we can all be civilized enough to draw the proper line. smile

This is really my first time in the Fanfic Challenge Boards (no time, even for this, really :rolleyes: ), but I have noted that most challenges are posted in their own folder, with separate FDK folders as well. Since these fics are supposed to be shortish, though, I propose putting any entries right here in this folder. Of course, if someone would prefer otherwise, that would be fine, too. smile

Okay, I'll go first...

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
(This actually isn't as funny as I hoped, but it's the best I can do at the moment. smile )

Just Say Noach: a cameo challenge with Gerry, Rivka, and Hazel

Clark smoothed out the rumpled page and studied it carefully, glancing back at the ancient tome to compare. "I can't read this, Lois," he admitted.

"Not one of the three hundred and forty-seven languages, huh?" Lois said sympathetically.

"Actually, it looks a lot like Hebrew to me," Clark said slowly, "but speaking a language and reading a language can be two very different things. I can speak Russian, but I can't read Cyrillic. It's the same problem here. I can speak Hebrew, but I can't read Hebrew letters."

Lois peered over Clark's shoulder and ran her finger along one line. "There aren't even any capitals," she complained.

"Or vowels," Clark agreed. "And you're reading it the wrong way, anyway."

"Huh?"

"Hebrew is read from right to left," Clark sighed. "This is hopeless. We need an expert."

"Oh, sure," Lois drawled, unable to keep a hint of sarcasm out of her voice. "And where, exactly, do you expect to get an expert at 2 a.m.? Gerry's in the same time zone. She must have gone to sleep ages ago."

"Good question." Clark frowned for a moment, then brightened. "Hey, it's three hours earlier in California! Why don't we take it to Rivka? It's only 11 p.m. over there."

"Or even Hazel," Lois suggested. "Israel is seven hours ahead, right? That means it's nine o'clock in the morning."

"California is closer, but the timing is better in Jerusalem," Clark said thoughtfully. "Okay, I'll try Hazel."

"Remember to touch down as Clark, and not Superman," Lois reminded him as he prepared to take off. "Hazel's neighborhood isn't exactly conducive to men in tights."

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Clark promised. "I'll meet you back in the cabin, okay?" He wooshed out the window and up into the sky, chasing the sun towards the Middle East.

"As if," Lois muttered. "He doesn't really expect me to stay put, does he? Besides, I have to go get captured together with Jimmy." She headed out purposely into the night.

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard