I've had a few ideas floating in my head for this challenge, but this is the only one I've successfully finished. It's all Kaethel's fault, stemming from something she said on IRC this morning. Thanks to SQD for taking a look at it for me on such short notice.

And now, without further ado...

Blown Away
--------------------

Lois rounded the corner to see the criminal she was chasing holding a fire hose, pointed straight at her.

"NO!" she cried, but it was too late. A cold jet of water slammed into her, soaking her from head to toe and pushing her back against the wall. A sudden gust of wind blew past her, chilling her more than just the water, ending with Superman turning off the water and wrapping the villain securely in the fire hose.

"Lois, are you all...."

Lois stood up and started brushing the excess water off her clothes, but looked up when Superman trailed off. He was staring at her, shocked.

"What?"

"Your.. your... hair."

Her hand flew to her head, then started glaring at the trussed up bad guy. "I just got that. If you ruined it..." Lois started looking around her feet, then, finding what she was looking for, picked it up and started brushing it off and wringing it out.

"You're bald."

"So? A lot of people are bald. Just not everyone can pull it off with wigs."

"What happened to your real hair?"

"Freak accident. Look, either we can stand here talking about my hair and the lack of it while I freeze to death, or you can warm me up and then take that guy to the police station. Well?"

Superman gaped, then realized what Lois was saying. He quickly used his heat vision on her and her wig, then flew off with the miscreant.

Lois looked at the hair in her hand and sighed. "I'm going to have to get a new one. Well, I have always wanted to be a red-head...."

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited