LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROTFLMAO!!! Hilarious, Frank.

goofy

Of course you realise that we can't let this ridiculous 'this is my first and last fanfic' statement stand, don't you? Prepare to be nagged.

thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Brilliant, Frank!!

Very, very funny. I was literally LOL!

rotflol

Don't stop writing, not when you can write something so succinct and witty!

Looking forward to seeing another story from you.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute and amusing story, Frank.

A very interesting way to tell your tale, and an interesting delaying tatic by (we assume, Tempus?). This allowed your ending to be all the more ironically funny.

Tank the Resting (who says this will have another benefit for Lois in that Luthor will never take any interest in a bald woman wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very funny! ROFLMAO!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
LOL!! This was great. I love it when authors step outside the box and tell us a their stories from a unique persepective. This definitely cracked me up. I hope you have more of these in store for us. You can't post something this funny and then expect us to forget. smile

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL Frank! Very, very funny and very, very cute. Telling the story from Perry's side was fun enough, but when we get to the last paragraph and realize it's what Clark is hearing on his interview ... LOL!

And having it be a "delaying" technique from Tempus is just icing on the cake. Oh, too funny!

Of course, *we* all know that Tempus will be sorely disappointed since, Clark will somehow run into the most beautiful bald woman he's ever met before he leaves town. Hey, maybe he can get a job in a wig shop to tide him over till a reporting job comes along. <g>

Kathy

Columnist
Columnist
I giggled all the way through this, Frank. Please please pretty please write some more? Where have you been hiding? Under a Rock somewhere? We need more of your fic, I tell you!

Melisma (still giggling here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFL Frank! This is very funny. And I agree with the others, you really can't stop writing now! So please continue.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Frank

ROTFL!! [Linked Image] I love this.

Thanks for sharing this hilarious story. laugh
I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Tricia cool

D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Thanks to all for your kind words and encouragement on my piece of fluff. It was fun to write, and if I ever get the unlikely combinaton of a decent idea, and time to write it out again, I will.

Melisma: nope, I don't hide under a rock. I was in my dungeon. (What else do you call a basement room with no windows that has walls that look like they're carved from rock - my wife does some amazing things with sponges and paint. Besides, if "A man's home is his castle, that makes the home office the dungeon".) Of course, the dungeon was a good place to be yesterday, with all of the tornados in the area.

Again, thanks to you all.

Frank (Who was amazed by some of the news footage from northern sections of the Kansas City area and was glad he lives to the south)

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone
Columnist
Columnist
Oh dear, Frank - it didn't register; you're in Kansas! Hope everyone near and dear to you is okay...

Melisma (sending cyberhugs and good wishes to all Kansans - is that what you call yourselves? - from under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Merriwether
Merriwether
Actually, he's in Missouri ... but the same sentiments apply. Glad you are OK, Frank. smile

Kathy

D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Thanks for the kind thoughts also. Yes, I live on the Missouri side, to the south of the city proper, about 1.5 miles from the KC MO city limit.
The Kansas City area straddles the state line, where Kansas City, KS is fairly small compared to Kansas City, MO. There are several other fairly large towns stacked up against KC on the Kansas side (I'm at work in Overland Park, KS as I write this - south of KC Kansas.)
At home, we got some small hail, decent winds and plenty of rain. My daughters were enjoying the excitement of sitting in the basement with their gameboys, waiting for the tornado warning to clear. The closest a confirmed tornado got to us was about 20 miles.
Some areas got 2+ inch(5+ cm) diameter hail, and several hundred houses dammaged with many completely leveled. An aireal picture showed one cul-de-sac that looked like it had been hit by a giant bulldozer. Every house was flattened.
But, on the good side, there was only one fatality in the area - it could have been much worse.

Frank

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, Frank, this is very cute. Nice work, conveying the whole story second-hand like that!

So, what are you writing next? smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Frank,
don't stop writing
this was good and very funny
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
goofy (who hopes that Frank realizes that he's gonna be eternally nagged now... laugh )

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard