I was reading the haircut challenge threads and stories, particularly Tank noticing that all of the current stories had Lois choosing to cut her hair for personal reasons. I wondered what it would look like if it were otherwise, and this scenario popped into my head.

This is my first fanfic, and if we are all very lucky, my last. There has been no beta reading, so all typo's are mine alone.
---------------------------------------------------

One Side of a Phone Call
by docward
<> pause to listen.
* thoughts

<Ring Ring>
"Daily Planet - Perry White Speaking".
<>
"Lois! Where in the name of Elvis are you?!"
<>
"Well, are you plannin' to grace us with your presence sometime this morning?"
<>
"What do you mean 'After the police leave'? Why are the police there?"
<>
"OK...Why did you call them?"
<>
"Kidnapped, again?"
<>
Yes. Yes. He never took you out of your appartment, so it isn't kidnapping. It's close enough! Are you ok?
<>
Thank God! Ok honey, Now start from the beginning. What happened?
<>
"Cloroformed in bed. What is it with you and cloroform, Lois?"
<>
"You woke up tied to a chair. Typical."
<>
"He WHAT!? Why in the world ...?"
<>
"So you'd never meet 'him'? 'Him' who?"
<>
"Ok, let me get this straight. He shaved your HEAD so you wouldn't meet some mysterious person wearing primary colors?
<>
"A 'Tank' told him to do it? Now honey ..."
<>
"Oh, he got the idea from a person named Tank. It's probably one of the voices in his head - he sounds psycotic. Lois, he could have killed you!"
<>
"Sure you can take care of yourself. So what happened next?"
<>
"Now why would he steal your disguise kit?"
<>
"Well, I love irony too, but that's not much of a reason. Definitely a psycho."
<>
"He said what as he left?"
<>
"No, I don't think you are 'Galacticaly Stupid'. That doesn't even make sense."
<>
"Then you got the ropes loose and called the police. Good. The only damage is your hair and your disguise kit. Whew! Only you Lois.

So, you'll be coming in after the police leave, with the story of course?"
<>
"After you buy a wig? You have lots of wigs."
<>
"Of course. I should have known they were all in your disguise kit. Ok, I'll see you this afternoon. Be careful. Bye."
<click>

"If that girl wasn't the best investigative journalist I've ever seen ... Oh well"

"Sorry about the delay, Kent. And I'm sorry too son, but I don't have anything for you. Good luck."

"Thank you for seeing me anyway, Mr. White."

After shaking Perry's hand, a dejected Clark Kent walked back toward the Apollo Hotel, thinking about his options. *Hmm. Maybe the 'Daily Bugle' is hiring. I could look into this 'Spider Man' guy. He sounds interesting. Imagine running around New York City in a red and blue spandex costume.*

The End

Does this fit in with the theme of the "Haircut Challenge"?

BTW, if anyone wants to take this concept and do it well/fix it/wrap fish in it/whatever, please feel free.

Frank

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone