Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Comments, squishy fruit, rotten tomatoes, etc. go here.

Bratling

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, that was cute. Just an idle thought that always comes back to me, but I always did kind of wonder what Lois' hair would look like after they got married if she kept it long. But that's probably because I'm really anti-short haired Lois. Personally I would start a STHLSH--society that hates Lois' short hair.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well Laura, you almost got it right. wink

Taking Lois' hair from real long to chin length was a good start, but I'm sure as young mother's will tell you, it's not short enough to keep out of the reach of a young child. (You just had to add that evil pregnancy into it didn't you)

This story actually reminds me a little of a story I was told last fall. The gal who manages the comic shop I frequent has a friend who just had a child. Apparently this young woman got so tired of the child grabbing and pulling on her hair that she shaved it all off. A bit extreme perhaps, but it did solve the problem.

Tank the Resting (who has to say that after having seen Teri in many of the really long styles she wore when she was younger, even the Lois bobs of season one and two were much preferable to those)

Columnist
Columnist
peep

Sweet story...

Melisma (in hiding under her Rock)

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, Laura! I suppose that was very short, considering where she started from wink I know what you mean about long hair being hot, though. It's about this time every year that I start itching for a serious trim.

And Tank, cutting your hair very short isn't the only way to keep it away from a baby wink I spent a few years, it seemed like, with all my hair in a ponytail on the back of my head... which also had the advantage of uncovering and cooling my neck... but to each her own smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

A sweet and WAFFy story! clap

No wonder Lois cut it shorter! The first thing I thought of was the time it would take to look after hair that long. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing this lovely story.

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute, Laura.

The too hot to have it long and blessed relief when it's cut syndrome is one that struck a chord. It's usually when the warm weather comes in that I get reckless enough to reach for the scissors as the annoyance factor multiplies.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura,
sweet and waffy
merry

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Cute story, Laura. And yes, long hair around babies can be...dangerous. wink

However, I have a bone to pick about the 'too hot' thing -- chin length hair is actually hotter!!! Now, short cropped by the head is cool, I can understand getting that kind of style to escape the heat. But it's chin to just above the shoulder lenghth that is actually the hottest -- because, even if you can get part of it into a ponytail, you always have a layer smack on your neck. And that's hot. If it's a little longer, though, so that you can get a solid ponytail, poof! Instant cool off. laugh

Bethy (who now knows about both short hair on the neck and long hair in a ponytail/bun)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Just getting back to this. <g> Sorry Tank, wink but I'm afraid I write mostly next gen these days, so kids had to be involved somehow...

Thanks for the comments, y'all.

Thank you Shadow, Tank, Melisma, Pam, Tricia, Merry, LabRat, and Bethy.

BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard