Next Thread
Print Thread
#12540 05/02/04 08:29 AM
ethnica Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This is another great chapter! thumbsup

I didn't expect Lois to be mature enough to tell it all and admit her blame for what happened. hyper for the next installment.

#12541 05/02/04 08:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job, more soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#12542 05/02/04 09:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is great! And Lois keeps teeter-tottering between is-this-Clark/this-probably-isnt-him, or so it seems to me. I keep waiting for Clark or Lois to do or say something characteristic of their personality that would make one or the other recognize the other person...okay, that made sense in my head even if I can't type it out. goofy

JD thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#12543 05/02/04 10:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#12544 05/02/04 11:02 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't beleive i have to wait for yet another period of time until the next installment. This is torturous. guess i'm getting too spoiled with finding the whole story on lcfanfic! grrrr. Patience Nancy!

Great story.

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
#12545 05/02/04 11:56 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Aw, do you realize that you leave us all frustrated?! grumble I'm kidding, we all know it's for the better and it's sooooo Clark-like. Can't wait to see what Charlie's gonna do or say once he figured out who he really is...

I'm impatiently jump (Nancy is right, this sure is sort of toturous) looking forward to the sailing trip (I just LOVE sailing!!!!)

Julia smile

#12546 05/02/04 12:21 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A strong instalment in that waffy, yucky-stuff sort of way.

A couple things jumped out at me. At one point you have Lois' internal monologue questioning her willingness to give her self so completely to a man so quickly. The implication was, here was a man she just met and now she's ready to jump him at the slightest provocation. I don't see where there would be any conflict in her mind. Lois has long ago come to the realization that she was/is in love with Clark, and she also knows that Charlie is Clark (just not why, yet), so her actions are perfectly logical under the circumstances of someone who doesn't want to lose out on her chance a second time.

One other thing 'bothered' me. It isn't a condemnation of this fic by any means because many writers use it. But I hate it when Clark refers to Lois using the term 'baby'. To me you can use a lot of endearments that will work, but I can't see Lois Lane as anyone's 'baby'. To my mind, baby is somewhat derogatory and condescending. It's a term that is used by 'romeos' and 'slick operators' who are merely in pursuit of gratification. I can see Claude using such a term, but not someone like Clark, nor can I see Lois appreciating it.

Maybe it's just me.

Tank (who still thinks that once Charlie is revealed as Clark it's not going to be a pretty sight)

#12547 05/02/04 01:25 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
ARGHGHGH!! I went over to the nFIC side thinking there would be a glorious love-making scene...NADA!!!

I'm about as frustrated as L & C are about now!

I *really* think that Lois would at least call Martha and tell her that her son is alive. She might not think it best for her to visit, but it would mean a lot to the Kents.

And, like Tank, I like Lois being called "honey", not "baby". But Charlie is a more rough-and-tumble type of guy, also.....

Maybe Charlie will remember he is Clark in a nightmare. After all Lois told him today, perhaps his subconscious mind will allow him to remember. After all, Lois did tell him that she loved Clark. Perhaps that will erase the pain of unrequited love??

POST AGAIN SOON~!!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#12548 05/03/04 12:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow, this is getting better and better, and hotter and hotter. So, Lois told Charlie about Clark. Will Charlie tell Lois about his dream lady? Will Charlie ever remember? Will we see the most unusual revelation ever? (à la: "Charlie, you're Superman?) thumbsup

#12549 05/03/04 03:05 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Good part! smile

Lois needed Charlie to know about her past smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#12550 05/03/04 04:02 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Another great part. It's getting closer and closer to revelation time, I can feel it. hyper I can't wait until Charlie realizes who Lois really is or who he really is.

Caryn

"With words one can escape reality..."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard