Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Blogger
Blogger
Such a sweet revelation. blush

Love everything about this fic. Thank you for this marvellous story.
smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, Wendy. I'm so sorry I'm coming so late to the party here. Just now catching up on this as I've been itching to do for days. /me grumbles about dang in-laws and extended visits.

Anyway...to echo almost everyone else...

<sigh>

First of all, thanks for giving us a non-angry spitting-fire Lois revelation. I love the sweetness of this - of Clark just simply and honestly telling her who he is and her acceptance of her own feelings about him. No protracted angst about "I can't love him because he lied to me" when really, she does love him.

Secondly, welcome to my club! The official badge is in the mail <g>.

He was by no means convinced that was true; right now he couldn’t imagine himself ever loving anyone but Lois, but he was also honest enough to acknowledge that it could happen. He couldn’t wait around for ever, hoping that she’d change her mind - and one of his dreams was, as he’d told his father months earlier, marriage and a family. He loved Lois now, but did love endure in the long term if it wasn’t returned? Of that he wasn’t sure.
As you know how I feel about the only-one-true-love scenario, I love this part where Clark is honest with himself about this feelings for her. That although he knows for certain that she's the one for him, that he's not a doormat that will waste his life pining after her endlessly should she decide NOT to risk it. This acknowledgment makes this story more satisfying because it's based on real feelings rather than fairytale fluff - Clark's love is real, therefore not perfect.

And of course, we have such a wonderful ending. Plenty of smoochies and a bright, hopeful future. What more could we ask for? OK, yes, naked Clark...but that's a whole other story <g>.

Annette really got a wonderful gift with this one. Thanks so much for sharing this!!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Wendy, lovely waffy story.

I have to admit that I love it when Lois and Clark are talking together, working out their problems, rather than making erroneous assumptions.

And our favourite couple were talking: Lois letting Clark (and herself) know what motivated her meaningless dates, and Clark letting Lois know, very clearly, how he feels, but that he also has a life. Good for you, Clark.

Sometimes, I think that what Lois believes is control of her life is really Lois making a victim of herself. In this story, she really takes control when she admits that she wants Clark and that she doesn't have to be in control. Good for you, Lois.

The most fun lines are
She freed one hand and reached out to touch the blue Spandex revealed beneath his shirt. “If I had a plate of boeuf bourguignon here, you’d be wearing it, Kent!” she told him, her voice shaky.

His laughter in response was rich, warm and entirely Clark. “But you do have half a cup of hot chocolate...” he pointed out.

“That’s too good to waste,” she objected.
Sorry I'm not original about this, but all I have to say is: Smart Lois. She knows where her priorities lie.

Thanks for a good read,
gerry

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
LOVED this!!! I wish I could write more, but I'm in the middle of deadlines (what a surprise) and at least wanted to let you know what a pleasure this was to read, Wendy. clap

And my birthday is coming up... :p

Vicki

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am so late coming back to this folder that it's embarrassing. blush I'm so sorry, everyone! I really, really appreciated all your wonderful comments and can't tell you how much they mean. I've just been so up to my eyes lately, and will be for some time to come. frown

Thank you. I loved reading your comments. I'm so pleased that everyone enjoyed reading the story. And, Annette, though your birthday is well and truly over by now, I hope it was a terrific one and I'm glad you liked this! goofy Glad you liked it, anyway!

Chris... no, no nfic sequel! Even if I were inspired that way, which I'm not, I really can't see Lois being ready for lovemaking for some time to come. In this story, she has serious trust issues. She's decided to trust Clark, but lovemaking would be too much of a leap for her right now, especially as some of the betrayals of her past have centred around sex. frown

CC, thanks for the compliment on Lois's dating habits! And I'm delighted that you and Lynn commented specifically on Clark's honesty about his feelings:

But my favorite bit is what you did with Clark here. Of course he loves her (this is well-established, right?), but he makes it clear to her that unrequited love might not last forever. Because he does want to be married some day, and if Lois just is not interested in that, then he can't automatically discount finding someone else....
I love this part where Clark is honest with himself about this feelings for her. That although he knows for certain that she's the one for him, that he's not a doormat that will waste his life pining after her endlessly should she decide NOT to risk it. This acknowledgment makes this story more satisfying because it's based on real feelings rather than fairytale fluff - Clark's love is real, therefore not perfect.
Exactly. The way I see it, unrequited love can't last for ever. Eventually it gives up - you would become resentful and bitter, perhaps, when the object of your affection doesn't feel the same way, or you would make a conscious decision to walk away, because you simply can't take it any more. For the sake of your sanity, you have to leave and try to find happiness somewhere else. The alternative is to turn into some kind of a stalker, never able to leave the other person alone and jealous of everything s/he does that doesn't include you.

Clark's realistic here. But he's also not above using the suggestion as a bit of a threat, shock tactics to try to bring Lois to her senses.

Anyway, thank you all very much indeed!!!! And apologies again for being so late in saying so.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard