Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Ann,

I was remiss in not commenting on part 2 so here I am to say..great stuff! thumbsup

I like this college aged theme..makes for an interesting twist on the story.

I'm glad you're aiming for fun in this story 'cause I'm having great fun reading it!

Looking forward to more!
~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah...Lana is still bitchy and Lois still getting into scrapes....

This is a really fun fic, enjoying it....

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Kerth
Kerth
Oh! hyper

Jose cool

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
At last the main interest of the story shows her beautiful head. Now that Lois is about, things can really get interesting.

I found the fact that Lois was infatuated with this new hero Bolt somewhat disturbing. This would indicate that her attraction to Superman really was a shallow interest in the power that he possessed and not the unconscious recognition that he was her soulmate. I say this only because you never indicated that Kevin would possess any natural attraction for women. I got the impression that he was a sort of geek-like fellow who barely knew which end of a woman was which. We know from Resplendant Man that the physical body doesn't change with the aquisition of powers, and even if, for the sake of the story, you had him gain some musclature that wasn't originally there, I still was never given the impression that Kevin was a good looking guy that might appeal to a woman's 'lust', as you put it.

Her connection to Clark was obvious and provides a good imperitive for Lois to track down her mysterious benefactor.

Tank (who was on the verge of setting aside this story when it didn't look like there would be any Lois in it)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is definately a new dynamic, and I look forward to seeing more. <g> I can see why Lois might feel an initial attraction to Bolt, even though she can't ever see his face. wink I mean, currently, they see him as the most powerful being in the universe, and he's probably the current teenage crush... But on the other hand, she's bound to feel more than attraction and infatuation with Clark. evil I just hope that Lana leaves soon. Her current appearence alone makes one wonder what he saw in her...

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

More ASAP, Please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thanks again, everyone, for reading and for your comments. I thought, though, that a couple deserved a response.

I found the fact that Lois was infatuated with this new hero Bolt somewhat disturbing. This would indicate that her attraction to Superman really was a shallow interest in the power that he possessed and not the unconscious recognition that he was her soulmate.
Personally, I tend to think that her original attraction to Superman really was a purely physical attraction, and I think there are probably other women in the Lois and Clark viewing audience that can relate. laugh And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of attraction. I also think it morphed into something deeper as she got to know him better. As it applies to this story, I think the distiction was clearly shown between her reaction to Clark and her reaction to Bolt.

I say this only because you never indicated that Kevin would possess any natural attraction for women.
Why would that have any bearing on Lois's attraction toward him? Unrequited love is a common, even a cliched, thing.

We know from Resplendant Man that the physical body doesn't change with the aquisition of powers, and even if, for the sake of the story, you had him gain some musclature that wasn't originally there...
Fanfic is fond of correcting "errors" from the series, call this my attempt to do that. Again, the story will discuss my reasoning for doing this several parts down the road, but for now, let me ask a few questions: do you think, realistically, that gaining powers would change someone, physically? How good would your eyes need to be to see something miles away? How fast would your nerve conduction need to be to move at super speed or to think fast enough to even use the super speed? And if those parts of you need to change, or adapt, or conform, why wouldn't you also get more muscle-y? Just somethig to think about.

Thanks again for the comments, guys. I enjoy a good discussion.

AnnN.

To thine own self be true.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard