Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Time for a twist in the tale.

Hope you enjoy this new complication. I'm looking forward to constructive criticism.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Kerth
Kerth
From the other comments folder,

Jose, I know the installments are shorter than my norm in the past, but I'm also writing a LOT slower than than I used to. I don't want to run out of buffer.
That would be worse than a short post! And you posted this soon so I could read it before going home. You're forgiven. smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, at least Lois is thinking about fixing things with Clark, although it's still for her own selfish purposes wink

But her poor apartment! It's an unsubtle example of the kind of stuff Superman's girlfriend would have to endure...

Now, if Lois is homeless, where should she stay...? Normally I'd recommend Clark's place <g> but I'm not so sure that'd be a good idea right now! goofy

Post more, quickly, Irene, or I'll have to come up to Ontario and extract it personally! wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Oh wow, Irene! I'm on the edge of my seat here. Please don't take too long to post the next part...

Melisma (under her Rock, hoping that Lois will bunk at Clark's for a few days - that will help mend their friendship and maybe she'll see how much he is attracted to her smile )

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Nice twist, so will she stay with Clark<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, Irene!

That look meant that Clark was going to be gone for a while, and it also meant that it was more likely than not that he was going to come back with a hot story, and nine times out of ten, that hot story involved Superman! Boy, would it ever be nice to figure out how he did that!
She's so close to find out here what he's up to. I still can't believe Lois didn't figure it out by now, but you sum up her view of things nicely.

And poor Lois! Her apartment gone! There should be a very good reason for that, I hope we find out who and why soon. And yes, who is she going to stay with? My bet's on Clark's place to make the situation far more interesting and difficult.

There's one thing I don't get. Why won't Perry let Jimmy call him Chief? Or will that be explained later?

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I LOVE this, and what a different twist on everything. Not just the fire (poor Lois - to lose EVERYTHING. I liked that she asked about her fish. I'm sure she feels worse about losing her Kerths than her clothing, but maybe the committee would replace them - why am I even going there? wink ), but the way Superman told Lois that he does love her, everything. Sorry I'm not being very coherent!

This is a very interesting direction from the very public kiss that Superman gave Lois following the pheremone incident. I continue to get a huge kick out of Lois's disgruntled thoughts as she tries to determine why Clark is obviously not attracted to her, and why it bothers her so much.

I also wondered if Lois would stay with Clark, but I can see why it wouldn't be Perry's first (or even second) thought, even though it is most of ours! laugh

I really am looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next.

Vicki (who is REALLY loving this story).

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh, poor Lois! Even her fish... that is horrible! Now, why does Perry want to see Cat? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for more.

- Alicia jump

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aww... you got rid of eavesdropping lois. i liked that bit, even if there were issues with the timing.

poor lois, though.

still, i like the line about the fish. cracks me up. (it wouldn't IRL, but since this is a fic, i can laugh laugh )

i do like the way you've written it... not being able to focus on the big picture, so little things like not liking her outfit really get to her. it's a nice touch that makes the whole reaction work so much better.

sas- perry had a thing about "don't call me chief" in season 1. he just doesn't like the epithet.

looking forward to part 7, and i hope you've gotten some more writing done. i need something besides spam and mod list emails in my inbox! wink

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, I agree, I think she should go stay at Clark's too. It could lead to some lovely moments between the two of them, she'd have a chance to see his bare chest...

But, since we're all calling for it, and since it would make Clark's life even more complicated than it already is, I'm wondering if Irene has something else in mind instead.

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it. This is a great story. I feel so sorry for Clark, although I want to thwack him over the head for not calling it off with Lois, no matter how pitiful she looked earlier. He's just digging himself in deeper and deeper.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Irene

An excellent part! goofy

I love this story and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting complicantion. At least she still has her jeep to live in wink .

I'm sure Perry wants Cat to come and help Lois go shopping for some new clothes... yeah, I'm sure that's it.

I can just see it now, Cat convinces Lois that she needs a complete style makeover, especially since she'll want to keep Superman interested. Lots of flashy and revealing new outfits. Some new makeup tips and... (perhaps a sexy new haircut?)

As far as where she'll live. Insurance will probably cover the expense of a stay at one of those extended stay type hotels while her apartment is being refurbed. Or she'll just go out and rent a new place. Gee, I wonder if there are any openings in Clark's building?

If this action is any indication of what Lois can expect because she and Supie are an item, I think they need to consider the possibility of a very public 'falling out'.

Tank (who thinks that under the circumstances, Lois' old landlord would think twice about letting her back into the building)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Irene,
interesting twist
and I'll ask the question too
will she stay with Clark?
more soon please
SOON
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, the fish rates more than the Kerths? goofy

I adored the typical Lois non sequitur: "All I have left is the outfit I'm wearing, and I don't even like it very much!" Sooo Lois! laugh

Unfortunately, as Pam points out, it is also so very S1 Lois to think of making up with Clark to suit her own selfish purpose. grumble But I do, at least, appreciate the explanation as to why she's been snippy with Clark: she resents knowing that "he's not attracted to her." Shyeah, riiiight. Wonder how long it'll take for her to figure that one out! And hey, there's a good hook for a different fic: why didn't Lois ever call him on that in BatP, or even in late S2?

Lots of possible twists here. Can't wait to see which direction you'll take. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hm, Clark's really digging himself in a hole with this dating thing.

No more fish? thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
jen, BatP is an episode title acronym. took me a while to get used to them, too, but they are handy. i'm still not very good with them, but i do recognize some of the more common ones like TOGOM (that old gang of mine), PML (pheremone, my lovely), and BatP (Barbarians at the Planet).

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
You know, I've been a fan of the show ever since Season One, and a FoLC since 1998 when I discovered FoLCdom. But I've never seen a list of ep title acronyms anywhere, and have only managed to learn a few through trial and error. Is there a list on a website someplace that I've overlooked? If not, would any of the FoLCs who've been here long enough, be willing to compile a list and post it somewhere (say in the Lois and Clark folder on this board, maybe?) for newer FoLCs who are just coming in? Might help someone...

Oh yeah, and to keep this post on topic - where's part 7, Irene??? goofy

Melisma (going back into hiding here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hazel wrote:
Lots of possible twists here. Can't wait to see which direction you'll take.
Exactly! Just what I was thinking, Hazel! wink

Irene, this is great! clap Can't wait to read the next part.

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Well, she might end up at Clark's apartment....but she could end up in the honeymoon suite of the Lexor just as easily. smile1

I'm anxious to find out which and where and how...

This is marvelous, so please keep going.

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard