Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
ROTFLMAO Yvette! goofy

“OK, how about this: ‘It was amidst the hours of darkness when the tempestuous clouds rolled across the horizon’?”
LOL! laugh

“OK, you don’t like that one, how about ‘A sinister night was upon them as the cumulous clouds gathered with expectation of emitting precipitation throughout the country side’.” He smiled proudly as he regarded the computer screen and then looked back at Lois. “I personally like that one, don’t you?”
And this one made me laugh even harder! rotflol Is Lois ready to hit her head against a brickwall at this point? laugh

As for this:

Clark smiled. “I don’t know, maybe…wait I know…’It was a dark and stormy night…’ That’s direct and to the point.”
rotflol

Thanks for sharing this delightful little vignette, Yvette! So now that you've jumped right in with both feet, you know you're going to be endlessly nagged for more stories, right?

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<snicker>

That was fun! smile Write more!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol

Loved the punchline. Cute!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Ren Offline
Blogger
Blogger
It might have been the very first LnC story you posted, Yvette, but it was great...just so funny. thumbsup

I was thinking just today about how much fun one can have with words. wink

And as Clark suggested in your story, the most simple way is usually the best. But to read all the other creative ways to basically say the same thing was definitely lots of fun, even for a non-native English speaker like me. wink

Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to read your next story on this board, since I already know how talented you are as a writer!! smile

Ren

Top Banana
Top Banana
Unique, imaginative and very nice! thumbsup blush

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Kerth
Kerth
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very funny, Yvette!!! thumbsup Kaethel already quoted a number of my favourite lines, but this also had me giggling:

“Tempestuous? Where did you find that word?”

“In my thesaurus,” Jimmy smiled weakly.
LOL! laugh

Welcome to the boards and to L&C fic - and please, more where that came from!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute! LOL! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
LOL clap clap
So now that you've proven your talent, you have to write more! wink

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome to the boards, Yvette! What a wonderful way to introduce yourself. smile

This fic was hilarious! I'm still rotflol about it.

So when do we get more from you? wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Blogger
Blogger
First of all, a big thanks to everyone for reading my first LnC story and commenting on it. I haven't much experience with writing in this universe, but I do find the interactions between the characters to be wonderful and something definitely worth writing about. I also think this board is really a fantastic place to share one's work!! smile

Of course I will be writing more stories, just what themes and when remains to be seen. I have seen maybe half of the LnC episodes so I will have to sort of 'get more accustomed' to things here (mostly dealing with alternate universes and the like).

I look forward to sharing my crossover with all of you when I get it done. (Generally, I don't start posting a story until it's completed and edited for the simple reason that I don't like to keep folks waiting). evil

At any rate, thanks everyone for the comments, on my little comic interlude, I really appreciate the kind words and the warm welcome. laugh

'Irony is so ironic...'
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
ROTFLOL! goofy

Welcome to the boards! Have fun! And write more! dance

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yvette

Welcome to the boards! clap

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Welcome to the boards, Yvette, and LOL at quite a funny debut! Of course, now you are completely sunk. smile smile We will demand more fic from you on a regular basis!

I don't agree that Clark's last line was OOC. At least he cut through the morass to the essentials. laugh

Thanks for sharing!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hyper

And welcome to the boards, Yvette! dance I'm sure you'll have *lots* of fun here!

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yvette
very funny
sorry I'm behind
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard