Next Thread
Print Thread
#10228 02/02/04 04:25 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
whee! i get to start a comments folder! smile

great part, nan! i really like the way henderson dealt with getting the powers... the accidents were funny, i liked his attempts to rationalize them away, and you did a great job with his realization, too, especially connecting it with ABFTB and COTOC.

the lightning makes more sense, too. still not sure why it hit clark instead of the building, but i suppose it's happened before. maybe superman is super charged. he does have to store that solar energy somehow...

i was a bit surprised that henderson gave out the plate number they found. i was expecting him to keep that more private, as part of an ongoing investigation. don't want to let the bad guys know just how much info he has, etc. actually, i was kind of expecting him to reply to "The rumor is that you've got a license plate. Is that true?" with "yes. it's on the back of my car." maybe that's just me.

the other thing i was surprised about was that once they figured out that clark's powers had been transferred to lois, neither lois nor clark thought about the fact that clark had been touching henderson, too. of course, it was at the end of the part.

anyway, great part overall. i'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this.

oh, and i loved lois parking. <g> nice little throwaway line.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#10229 02/03/04 12:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, ditto Paul, Nan! He said everything I'd been going to.

I'm loving this, of course. Grinning wildly at all the weird things happening to Bill and he can't understand them. goofy Even if it's Superman trying to find out, and not Lois and Clark.

Anyway, bring on part 3 - can't wait!! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#10230 02/03/04 12:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nan, I'm greatly enjoying this. smile1 Love the way you write Henderson, and you did a great job with his slow realization that something was going on. Given that he remembers COTOC, he might start wondering if he didn't have to be touching Superman for the whole power-transfer thing to work... I do look forward to his conversation with L&C, when he's asking to get in touch with Superman! laugh

Favorite line:

"Don't kid yourself," he said. "He doesn't just put up with her. That woman is his reason for breathing."
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#10231 02/03/04 01:42 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Join me in the "didn't they realize what would happen to Bill?" chorus. Loved how Henderson worked his way to realizing what happened. Loved the whole section, in fact. smile

Carol Malo mentioned on the fic list that we need a Henderson category in the Kerths... If we did, this one would be a shoo-in. laugh

Hazel, who wants MORE!

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#10232 02/03/04 03:39 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Yay!!

Ultrawoman will be back? goofy

Jose thumbsup

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#10233 02/03/04 08:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#10234 02/03/04 12:50 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm following this and loving it, Nan.

smile1 LaurieD

#10235 02/03/04 12:58 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nan, another good instalment.

This is going to be a fun ride. I'm not one of the chorus who thinks that Lois and Clark should have immediately thought about Henderson. They've just come to the realization that Lois has the powers back. It's understandable that their focus is a little self-centered at the moment.

I do expect that it will dawn on them fairly soon though. Once they begin to 'relive' the moment they will realize that Henderson was there, and they will wonder. I don't think they will assume that Bill automatically got the powers. Does it follow that everyone nearby at the time of the strike would get superpowers, or only the one in closest contact (ie: Lois).

Post more.

Tank (who always thought is was a mistake to let the character of Henderson disappear after the first season)

#10236 02/03/04 12:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part Nan, you've really nailed their 'voices'. Their personalities jump off the page. I think this would have made a great episode!

Looking forward to more soon I hope. thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#10237 02/03/04 03:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow how will Clark explain it to Henderson? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#10238 02/03/04 09:14 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan,

I adore this story! I loved these bits, at the beginning

"How does Kent put up with her?" he asked, rhetorically.

Henderson allowed himself a dry chuckle. "Don't kid yourself," he said. "He doesn't just put up with her. That woman is his reason for breathing."
"Lane's all right," he said. "She's just afraid to admit she's human. She's still one of the best friends the Department has."
I had a great big grin on my face, reading these bits. laugh

It was great seeing Henderson realise that he was super powered. I was really surprised that Lois didn't realise that Henderson would be super powered as well.

Hope to see the next part soon. smile

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#10239 02/03/04 10:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan,

Sorry I never got around to posting feedback for Part I, but I am reading this and enjoying it tremendously! (I love your writing.)

I with agree many others here, in that it took me for surprise when Henderson gave away the license plate number.

Unlike the others, I was not surprised to see Lois focusing on herself here as her first reaction to being converted into Ultrawoman again. Once she calms down, it will probably occur to her to wonder about Henderson.

I love your portrayal of Henderson, by the way, and watching his slow realization of what was happening was just priceless. Well done! notworthy

Wow! A Supercop, Ultrawoman and Superman. Too many heros for a city.
LOL, Maria!

- Vicki

PS - FYI, I'm still reading and enjoying your original fiction works, too!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#10240 02/04/04 02:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course the flip side of Bill reasoning that he has somehow gained superpowers is that if he sees Clark and Lois doing something super, then he could wrongly conclude that they had just gained their powers as well and thus protecting Clark's secret.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#10241 02/04/04 09:46 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Nan,

I really like this story. thumbsup thumbsup
Funny, how cool Lois reacted when she found out, that she had superpowers again. No fussing about what to do about them, but right to the facts of how it happened and what they are going to do next.

Post again soon, I wanna see what's going to happen next.

Julia

#10242 02/05/04 10:31 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome Nan,

Very very nice, i can't wait for the next part smile

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#10243 02/06/04 05:11 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A fantastic part! thumbsup

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Tricia cool

#10244 02/07/04 04:44 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan
catching up again
love this
ditto others
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard