Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Michael, I'm ambivalent here.

Clark is wallowing in typical teenage angst, and I'm quite surprised Jonathan didn't knock some sense into him. I hope that after a day or two of tragic moping around the house, the boy will come around. After all, carried to its logical conclusion, he ought to abandon Clark Kent entirely, shouldn't he? But then Superboy, or Superman, wouldn't be himself, either. I understand that Clark himself can't see that, but why doesn't Jon point out a few basic truths?

Lana... I don't know what to think of Lana. She seems more like the current re-retcon of Lana in the comics, which I despise. wink She's all set to be noble, she's willing to put up with Clark as is -- and he still walks away? Yep. Teenage angst. laugh Although I do very much doubt that her noble altruism would start smelling any later than Clark's anguished sacrifice...

Buncha teenagers, the lot of 'em. laugh Get us to Metropolis ASAP!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
Michael,

I don't read the comics and seldom watch TV (never seen "Smallville", "Dawson's Creek", or any other 'teenage angst'-type shows.) What Clark's actions reminded me of here was L&C's Clark Kent breaking-up with Lois Lane at the end of "Contact". All noble and self-sacrificing, with no regard for what the other half of the relationship wants (only presumptuous assumptions as to what she needs.)

In any event, I agree with Hazel on this - Jonathan should knock some sense into the boy! laugh

Naturally, I want Clark to break-up with Lana, since that will get him one step closer to Metropolis and Lois. However, I do hope that his parents have a long talk with him before he leaves.

Looking forward to Part 4!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Exactly what I was going for Vicki except this time Clark got the impulse at an age appropriate intraval. laugh

The decision made at this point in time will also explain some of his actions later on in regards to well...you'll see. wink

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Michael

I really like your story. Clark is very much in character with his "Superman belongs to the world" attitude. I understand why Jonathan didn't say anything more. He knows his son and he knows Clark needs to learn certain lessons by himself, he needs time to adjust, he needs time to see that he can't be a hero full time, that he needs a life. It might take years before Clark realizes that. He is young and is dealing with too many responsabilities as it is. It is also too soon for either Clark or Lana to tell if the relationship can work or not.

Post next part soon clap .

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

More soon, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Michael, and interesting blend here.

You've given us Superboy, which was a creation of the silver age of comic books. But give us a super hero full of angst over the conflict of his duty vs. his desire for a life.

I don't have a real problem with Clark's attitude. It's something I think every Superman has to deal with at some point. There will have to come a time when the awesome responsibility that the superhero has taken on runs smack into his wants and needs as a 'regular' person.

I'm not a Lana person so I don't really care how much she's hurt or not, but I look forward to seeing where you take this 'rejection'.

Tank (who says it's pretty obvious that Pete 'knows', which was true in the silver age books but not the current continuity)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard