Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100234 04/23/14 01:06 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think? (I used New York law for kids in bars.)

#100235 04/23/14 02:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ouch, poor Lois. She's having one helluva night! Hope she doesn't have school in the morning (I've lost track of what day in the week it is in the story). And Lois going out at 2am - either Sam is still at work, or even with her living right under his nose he's not very attentive. Good grief.

You're really diving into some tough issues with this set of stories. I don't think I've seen anyone else portray Ellen with this type of alcoholic behavior - it's usually been pretty sanitized. This is all too realistic, and scary to think of her daughters being exposed to all of this.

“I can do whatever I want to, pu-“ the man began to say, but he stopped.

His swarthy complexion paled and a moment later he was racing back to the truck. The men climbed into the truck almost as if they were on fire. A moment later the wheels of the truck spun gravel as it spun into reverse, roaring as it moved backward down the alley at a breakneck speed.

Lois winced. Whatever they’d seen behind her couldn’t be good.

“Lois?”

She turned and stared. Clark was standing by the dumpster. His bicycle had a cart attached to it, and the cart was filled with plastic garbage bags.
rotflol I see Clark has built up quite the reputation on the streets! Maybe one of those guys should go give the football team a tip. [Linked Image]

As much as she liked Clark, there were some secrets she’d never intended to share. This was one of them.
Don't worry, Lois, I think you just stumbled onto one of his big secrets too - at least you'll be even!

#100236 04/23/14 02:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap I love that just one look at Clark is enough to send those jerks running! laugh

And it does seem like Lois and Clark have mutual blackmail material, now. I can hardly wait to see the coming conversation!

~•~
#100237 04/23/14 03:34 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Poor Lois, having to deal with her alcoholic mom.

rotflol over the gangs reaction to Clark, though.

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#100238 04/23/14 03:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So are those the same guys whose truck was knocked over in the previous story? No wonder they're afraid of Clark!

So each of them has something that they didn't want the other to see, and the other has seen it. Hopefully this will bring them closer together.

BTW, can Clark drive Ellen's car home? Or will they have to leave it at the bar? Or will they come back to get it and L&C can talk in the car on the way to pick it up?

#100239 04/23/14 06:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It looks like someone remembers Clark. :p I love how fast they ran away.

I'm looking forward to finding out what happens between Lois and Clark following the secrets they just found out about each other.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#100240 04/23/14 07:34 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm with Colleen — this fic is really breaking new ground by exploring issues like homelessness and alcoholism so realistically. It's really well done.

Next up: mutual confessions?

#100241 04/24/14 05:56 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I feel bad for both of them. Some things are meant to be shared, some aren't. An understanding friend is welcome support. An acquaintance in this kind of situation is awkward at best. I think Lois is learning she can trust Clark--I don't know about Clark yet.

Shallowford
#100242 04/24/14 05:57 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I've never pictured Ellen as a down at the bar kind of drunk, more of a sneaking drinks at home alone kind of drunk. This is a scary life. Poor Lucy. Poor Lois.

I'm kind of surprised that Sam hasn't taken on Lucy as well, but then again Sam is a bit self absorbed and probably doesn't want the extra burden of a daughter he might have to actually pay attention to (unlike independent Lois). Sam doesn't seem to know or care that Lois is coming and going from their home at all hours of the night and day. (He'd care about what happened to her car, but not to Lois herself? Typical.) Is having these parents any better than having no parents and having to fend for oneself? (Not that Lois isn't fending for herself, already.) What will happen to Lucy when Lois heads off to Ireland? Move in with Uncle Mike, I suspect.

My guess, that guy in the bar has nothing to do with the group of guys in the truck. It's probably more of a coincidence that they both happen to be Latino. When the door shut behind Lois and Ellen, I was afraid that Ellen had left her purse or car keys in the bar.

hyper on how the gang has learned to avoid him. The last thing Clark needed was to get into another fight that night.

Yes, Lois's secret is out, but so is Clark's. I doubt he'll drive Ellen's car anywhere. My guess is that he doesn't have a license. It's another one of those places where they require a birth certificate. Who knows if he's ever formally learned to drive, either? Although, I don't see that as stopping Lois from asking him to help.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#100243 04/24/14 01:00 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think "the badly battered truck" is the same one from the last story. I'm surprised it's still drivable!

You've now connected Lois and Clark at a deep level very quickly. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Perhaps, unlike Lois's other friends, Clark will have some concrete advice for people to talk to to get Ellen into rehab.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard