Next Thread
Print Thread
#100138 04/16/14 05:39 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

(I'm well aware of Lois's later dietary preferences, but we were all young and immortal once.)

#100139 04/16/14 06:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ShayneT:
(I'm well aware of Lois's later dietary preferences, but we were all young and immortal once.)
The Fudge Castle? The Double-Fudge Crunch Bars? The pastrami sandwiches? The chocolate ice cream? The stale cheese from a vending machine sandwiches? Pizza? Cream soda? It's good she learned to eat healthier, huh? wink

My there's a lot of tension at this football game. I always knew I was naive, even in high school (my friends used to tell me so, so it's fact), but I've never felt so uncomfortable as Lois does as this game. And I don't mean the bleacher seats.

Boy, the Churches are a fun family. If Junior is the smart one, I'm going with Tom being as smart as a tree stump. No wonder he's cheating. (My guess is that Junior only made it into Harvard because of Daddy's help.)

Lois looked up at the stands and she grimaced. She’d expected her friends to save her a couple of seats; she’d asked them to, but the stands were crowded.

She caught Julie’s eye, but Julie looked down quickly, shaking her head and leaning over and saying something to one of the girl’s next to her.

That stung. Lois had known that Julie was planning to get into the cheerleading squad next semester, but she hadn’t expected her to turn against her.

One by one, Lois looked at her other friends, and they all looked away from her.

Cowards.
With friends like these... Did they know that the football team was out to get her?

By the end of the game, Lois felt a little queasy from the excess of rich food. Clark hadn’t eaten any of it, unless she made it clear that she was absolutely done with it, and then he’d eaten it slowly and carefully, as though he savored every salty or sugary bite.
Could it be because he didn't get food like this very often?

The older man smiled and said, “It’s Lois, right?”

Lois froze. There was no reason for this man to know who she was. She’d never seen him before, not even at school functions. Although the man’s expression was pleasant, Lois’s instincts were screaming that something was wrong.
Um... because the Churches know your name, something IS wrong.

“I’m always careful,” she said absently.

Clark snorted.

Lois looked at him. “What?”

“I’m just wondering if there’s a universe where that’s actually true,” Clark said. “From what I’ve seen, the only time you aren’t taking chances is when you’re thinking up new chances to take.”

“You make me sound like some kind of Evel Knievel,” Lois said.

“I’ve ridden with you,” Clark said dryly.
clap It's terrific. I read a lot of other universes fic, and, Clark, I'm sorry, there isn't one.

“Who’s the dweeb?” Joe’s voice was loud.

Lois felt her heart sink as she saw Joe approaching with four other members of the team, including Tom.
Hmmmm. They should have left BEFORE the game ended.

“People have been going easy on you, Lo-Lo,” Joe said. Being as you’re my girl and all. If that’s not true anymore…”
/Psst./ You're missing an opening quote mark before "Being".

He leaned closer to her, and Lois was shocked to smell alcohol on his breath. They were barely off the field!
How did they win again?

“I’m not anybody’s girl,” Lois said, unable to keep the irritation from her voice. “We’re not dating, we were never dating, and we aren’t ever going to be dating!”
And, Joe, in case you skipped English class, those are the three tenses. Can you name them? shock How is Lois going to save him? She's got to save him. I know he can escape unscathed, but not without revealing himself.

Come back and post the next part already! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#100140 04/17/14 03:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“From what I’ve seen, the only time you aren’t taking chances is when you’re thinking up new chances to take.” LOL!

#100141 04/17/14 03:21 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I am loving this story and can't wait for more. I have been faithfully reading, unfortunately not a lot of time for commenting other than I love it.

robinson
#100142 04/17/14 06:19 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Loving the story. Look forward to reading Homecoming 7++.

Only part of a sushi lunch? I can understand the football food. Clark was probably listening to her stomach rumble through most of the game.

Bill Church and Bill Junior are perfect. (I kept hearing Peter Boyle's voice--then I looked it up and realized that Peter Boyle actually played Bill Church.)

Dying to know what happens when Lois finds out what Clark has heard about CostMart. Maybe that article of hers needs a little broader scope. "How I brought down a billionaire starting in a boy's locker room."

( Mindy??!?!!?!? Please?)

Waiting to see how they take care of the team.

Random notes:
"one of the girl's" should be "one of the girls"
"its'" should be "its"

Shallowford
#100143 04/17/14 08:01 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ack that is an evil cliffhanger to leave it on!! I would like a little background on *Why* the Church family/footballers are so hostile to Lois if she was conducting a secret investigation. How do they know? Why are they suspicious of her?

#100144 04/17/14 11:13 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
First off wonderful tale. I do hope you make it last long enough for L&C to both intern at the Planet and take down Intergang.

Since in canon we saw Intergang moving into the vacuum created by the fall of Luthor it might be useful to see Luthor's people quietly dropping crumbs that help L&C in their campaign against Intergang.

You could end with L&C being unsettled about some of the serendipitous leaks that helped them bring down the local branch of Intergang.

Regardless of that, it is a delightful tale.

From the sounds of things Clark is still on the streets, likely with just a mailing address in the school district and with a well hidden camp elsewhere.

It would be nice if the district contained or bordered on something like
Portland\'s Forest Park . Something like that would be a great place for Clark to hide.

I am wondering if your Clark can fly yet? If not this tale should provide a great place for that power to kick in, surprising both L&C! It would also make a fun revelation.

You could even use the classic line from 1978's "Superman"

Lois: "You've got me!, Who's got you?"

I am so looking forward to more.

Originally posted by Shallowford:
( Mindy??!?!!?!? Please?)
Mindy would be a couple of years younger then Lois. She was played by Jessica Collins who was born April 01, 1971.

Teri Hatcher was born December 8, 1964 but I think the Lois Lane in the series was supposed to be born around 1967, and Clark around 1966.

I went back and looked over the first couple of chapters and I don't think we are given ages in "Homecoming". So figure Clark for 17 or 18 and Lois for 16 or 17, Mindy [not yet Church] would be 12 to 13.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
What?! No, you can't leave Clark there! Not like this!
I hope she does leave, if she leaves Clark can cover his use of powers by the confusion of all of these guys getting in each others way.

Each will think their minor injury, which will stop him from playing, was done by another player trying to bash Clark.

This means the players will engage in a coverup of the attack rather that focusing official attention on Clark.

Clark can't afford attention.

I can see L&C talking later

Lois: "How did you get away?"

Clark: "The first thing you learn in Aikido is to evade. They kept getting in each other's way and the alcohol clearly impacted their ability to function as a team."

Aikido would be a wonderful thing for Clark to learn in any case. The mindset, the underlying philosophy of Aikido would be very useful to a superpowered being.

Framework4
#100145 04/17/14 01:37 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Uh, oh! While of course Clark will come out of this physically ok, I do worry about the aftermath. One, he certainly wouldn't want to hurt any of THEM (boy, did they have no idea what they were facing!) but also he'll be scared to death of any attention that may lead back to Kansas. Or any even bigger revelations.

razz )

#100146 04/17/14 05:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Uh-oh! Trouble for Lois and Clark. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#100147 04/19/14 04:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois doesn't have to worry about herself - Clark will take care of her. Of course, she now has to worry about Clark being hurt. And Clark has to worry about Lois and about not hurting the other guys while still protecting Lois. Nice setup to a lot of drama here!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard