I like how you mix canon with Lois's deja vu (or memories or whatever it is). Lois does seem a bit out of character, but I'm sure you've got a reason for it.

Lois started to smile like the cat that had just caught the canary, because she knew that she had Sherman. The inside knowledge she had gained by being with the Kents was now going to pay off, big time. She challenged, "I doubt it. Most of the rooms around here were booked up months in advance, or maybe you've never heard of the famous Smallville Corn Festival."

Sherman, realizing that she had been caught and had to come up with an explanation and all she could come up with was, "The government has pull."

Going for the kill, Lois challenged, "All right, then, which one?"

Sherman decided that she would need to bluff this pushy woman again, "I don't know. I'll try to find out." She hoped that the stall would make them leave. She turned and headed for the tents.

She was disappointed when Lois shouted after her, "We'll wait."
Lois may be acting a bit out of character with the Kents, but she's totally in character here. Mad Dog Lane the reporter is giving poor Carol Sherman a hard time.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland