Okay, it seems like Lois's deja vu is more than passing fancy. It's actual memories. She must have experienced this before to predict what others were going to say or what she shouldn't say. So, why is that? I'm beginning to think that Herb brought Lois back in time and dropped her back before he picked her up to change the past (ala what he did during Tempus Fugitive). But why?

WHERE WAS HERB?! Pops in and out of this story like a fairy godmother and yet he fails to warn the Kents or Clark about the big ol' hunk of green rock in the shed???? grumble

"No! No, we're not." She hesitated for a second and her visage cleared as the panic left and she turned toward Martha before she concluded, "At least, not yet."
Say what??? dizzy Who is this woman? She didn't act that pandering during his big sickness in "Home is Where the Hurt Is". I doubt Clark would want to be babied, anyway, especially when he's feeling weak and powerless for the first time in his life. S1 Lois's kind of bedside manner is a slap to the chest and the encouraging words of "suck it up, Kent! It's just allergies." You know, 'Tears don't solve anything, Kent. Just stick a bandage on that broken leg, and let's get going.'

I'm really worried about what Herb has done to Lois. Is he trying to jump-start her memories after a botched lobotomy? Because she's acting really goofy.

She was disappointed when Lois shouted after her, "We'll wait."
Didn't they head into town to check Wayne Irig's fertilizer records at City Hall instead of waiting in canon? It's been so long since I watched this episode I, frankly, can't remember. Irritating Trask's minion probably isn't good for their health though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.