hyper

His smile made a fleeting appearance. "You ask a lot of questions, Lois."

Her name floated from his mouth on waves of sound that caused an answering flutter through her stomach. "I'm a reporter," she said without a trace of the tempestuousness that usually accompanied that statement. "It's what I do."

"I'm a reporter, too," he said, his eyes crinkling. "Does that mean I can ask questions?"
Love it! Clark and his wise aleck retorts. I love how he knows just how to keep her off balance.

He grinned at that. "The question was implied," he said. "Are you married, Lois?"

The solemnness of his delivery caused her heart to abandon its normal rhythm in favour of a helter-skelter dash to breathlessness. "No," she said. "No, I'm not married."
Whoa! Who is this guy? I guess since they aren't meeting at work, he doesn't have to hold back.

A dazzling, no-holds-barred smile lit up Clark's face. "Oh, good," he said.
Right response... doesn't matter the question, as long as we get that smile.

His smile retreated. His eyes dropped before bounding back to her face. He swallowed. His mouth opened. "Lois …"

"Yes?"

"Would you go out with me?" he asked. "On a date?"
jawdrop

Oh, dear. Clark's about to get his heart crushed... oh, wait. Invulnerable. I'm guessing this self-confident guy will persuade her to say 'yes'. Either that, or Lois will be tossing and turning and kicking herself when she finally checks into that vermin free, actually quite comfortable hotel.

My cheeks are still sore from all the smiles and laughter that reading this first part has given me. Feel free to up your posting schedule. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.