and whom Luthor had hired.
I'm surprised this was not the first objection.

Ms. Gilbert scowled at Clark. “Why would I want my son to meet Superman, Mr. Kent? He almost destroyed the Earth.”
frown Things are bad.

She had explained everything in the note she had slipped between the issues of Daily Planets stacked on his doorstep while he was Brazil, and she knew Clark always read the newspaper.
I think that should be "he was in Brazil".

Lois would have to try harder to contact Clark, through his Superman persona if need be. Surely, Lex wouldn’t jump to conclusions if a reporter from LNN spoke with Superman, right?
If the reporter is Lois he will.

he told her that was terrific and to get him a copy of virus so that they could have independent experts verify Laderman’s hypothesis,
Independent = in Lex's pocket any willing to lie to discredit Superman.

She didn’t trust herself to stay in control should the debate become heated, as she was sure it would, and keep all of Clark’s secrets.
Evil anti-SM reporter:Superman will violently force himself on the women of theearth.

Lois:That is a total lie, I had to try really hard to get him to sleep with me.

They had dismissed her as if she were the ‘little lady’ with no head for business.
Chip: She does not have an MBA, how could she understand these important things?

and the micromanaging of the Man of Steel.
Good thing they do not know that is what they are doing.

“The Luthor name cannot be synonymous with Goode.”
I just love that she is able to get in this dig without him knowing she means "The Luthor name cannot be synonymous with good."

“Even controlling the planet isn’t enough, I need a bigger challenge. Marry me, Lois.”
Should planet be capitalized?

“Superman doesn’t trust me any more than you do,” she said.
Sadly, right now, this is very close to the truth.

John Pack Lambert