What a nice story to read, on a break btw Christmas planning/wrapping tonight...loved it! thumbsup

"I know what the primary colours are," Clark shouted out to try and interrupt her. "And I'm free to wear whatever colour I choose, miss … smarty pants." Clark's pause before his insult, and lack of particularly biting insult also, showed his innocence when it came to this type of confrontation. "And just to prove you wrong I'm gonna wear all three together tomorrow."

"Oh honey, you don't have any yellow t-shirts," Martha looked down at her son adoringly, trying to stifle a laugh. He could easily supply the red and blue items but Clark didn't own anything remotely yellow.

Feeling defeated by his own mother Clark crossed his arms in a huff and turned back. He immediately noticed that there were only four people in line before him. Well, four children, three families. He wasn't counting the adults. His heart beat in anticipation. "Santa. I'm gonna see Santa soon. I know what to ask him for. I know," he whispered under his breath.
Great way to bring Superman some way into the story!...And to have Lois and Clark fighting each other about primary colors was really cute. Martha's comment about the lack of yellow t-shirts at the end was a fun way to end the conversation. Poor Clark blush ...

The flap opened and out stepped the nice lady who'd talked to her mother. Behind her came the young boy. He looked up and met her eyes then smiled and lifted his hand to wave as he walked off. As she raised hers back he mouthed out a 'bye'. The elf led her inside but she craned her head to watch the boy walk across the flagstone square. He was still waving at her. She smiled and raised her hand even higher, giving a final wiggle of her fingers before she slipped into Santa's Grotto.
Perfect ending--they sure made an impression on each other! dance

Wonderful story...post any and all you have (please). The WAFFier the better smile !

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~