Thanks so much to everyone who posted feedback!

Morgana:

This was fun and it made me think! Thanks for the chuckle! smile1
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was watching 'Operation Blackout' the other week, and the scene where Lois and Clark argue about the merits of technological advancement hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks. I could just see Lois a few years down the line claiming that she had held a conversation with someone because she had talked to Siri...and so this fic was born!

Artemis: Yes, I have heard that Dr. Who is a very fun show. One of my friends has been watching it marathon-style recently, so I have gotten to see parts of a few episodes, but I don't think I've seen the one you're referring to.

It was in the lecture hall of the Royal Institution in London where Michael Faraday gave his original lectures on the science of a candle and light.
Oh, that's so neat!

It couldn't have been more that 50 feet in diameter and people were stacked 20 levels high to see and hear the lecturer.
Wow. That does sound crowded.

But even the picture of this rapt audience gave us a sense of communication and intimacy. I was stuck by both what we've gained and what we've lost.
We've lost the personal intimacy but we've gained the more widespread knowledge of science.
Yes, so true. Being a science enthusiast, I really can't complain, but it's interesting to stop and think sometimes about just how much technology has changed our world.

Mouserocks:

It's crazy to think how easy it is to just avoid people... of course it helps when you've got an internet connection.
Very true!

Been snowed in the past few days
Mmm. I'm positively green with jealousy. Wish it would snow here. grumble

John:

I am wondering though what LJ stands for.
Like Artemis suspected, it was supposed to stand for Lois Junior. I've seen a lot of stories with Clark Juniors, but I hadn't yet run across one with a Lois Junior, so I thought I'd add her laugh (although, I admit, the reference is a little oblique -- the explanation of the name just didn't seem to fit into the 'flow' of the story).

IolantheAlias:

Very true! There's only so much time you can and should spend staring at a screen. I find it's addictive!
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm afraid that I probably spend more time plopped in front of my computer screen than is recommended... but it's just so much fun!

Ultra Lucille