It has never taken this long for me to write a comment! RL is the culprit... honest!

VirginiaR

Oh, yes, Lex's monstrosity of a wedding would be highly orchestrated and timed. I just wanted to slap that wedding planner for telling Lois that she had 10 minutes. Truth is, the bride should ALWAYS be allowed to arrive whenever she feels like it. If you time-pressure some brides to death, they are less likely to arrive at all.
Very true! Lex wanted everything to be showy and over the top, once again relying on appearance rather than substance. Greta Keith was created from that one line in HoL. In everyone's mind Lex had stamped his last name on Lois. No way would he allow her to be Lois Lane either professionally or in private.

Yes, there is nothing more terrifying than a bride who is pressured beyond what she can bear on her wedding day.

When Clark knocks on Lois's door, I thought it was her mother as per canon. This makes more sense. Of course, he would knock on her door. He just heard her say "Lois Lane-Kent". Nothing would stop him from being at that door. Although, it appears that Clark didn't even hear her.
Ah, now we don't know that for sure do we? wink Clark hadn't let her in on the secret ....yet. But yes, in this version of the story is determined to get Lois to change her mind. He needed to be in complete control of himself, like a warrior king about to go into battle.

Even when faced with the reality of the situation, I can never see Lex admitting defeat. NEVER.
Bravo! No one else said anything about that particular line! Each character is slightly different from what we are used to expecting:

Lois is a stranger to herself, she is indecisive and afraid, she suspects her fiancé will do more than just be angry if she refuses to go through with this marriage.

Although Ellen Lane is never seen I wanted her to be the way Phyllis Coates portrayed her. Strong and calm, not a woman battling with the bottle.

Clark is not a worrier, but a man who wants to be with the woman he loves, even if it means crashing her wedding.

Perry probably always wanted to punch Lex's lights out, especially after 'Chip' made his appearance in the newsroom! thumbsup

Finally, Lex does admit defeat in this story, but at the same time sneeringly tells Clark he is not man enough for Lois. Just a little different!

LOIS: My dad's medical relief mission is in Africa, and Lucy's still trekking in Nepal.

Agreed, this line did not fit with how the characters were eventually portrayed. I always wondered why Lucy was treated so poorly by the writers in the show,

This was beautifully done and one of my favorite of your vignettes.
Thank you! That means a great deal to me!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.