Originally posted by AmyPrime:
I was not expecting the suggestion that Kent forgive Lana. It really works for who he is, though. Here in the comments we've all been assuming she's evil and vindictive, and maybe she is, but maybe she isn't. Maybe she tried, but she just really wasn't happy with Clark, and didn't know how to end it in a better way. Can we know that? I don't know. But it's much more in character for Kent to see the good side of her, to understand and forgive her in order to move on, than to hate and disregard her as unworthy.
Well, Lana did lie and accuse Clark of physical abuse while she was pregnant. That sounds pretty evil to me. He might be able to forgive her for cheating but turning him into a wife-beater and selling that story to the papers is pretty unforgivable. If he returns to the Metropolis to get the divorce, he still has those criminal charges and a running from prosecution charge to deal with in the meantime. I vote Kent stays with the Bangala, but knowing Clark, he'll want to go clear his name someday.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.