Lois can have a child. She said she can't because she thinks it will make Clark feels better, as she believes he can't have a child. From part 26:

Perhaps Kent and Lana had tried for a child for a long time.

Perhaps Lana had given up.

Perhaps that was why she'd gone to someone else.

Poor Kent.

It explained so much. His lack of self-confidence. His veiled comments about not being what she needed. His desperate wish that he could be different. His unwillingness to give details about the time between Lana leaving him and Lois finding him.

The swell of Lois's sympathy birthed another overwhelming surge of love.

She wanted to give Kent everything he desired. A wife. A child. A family. Somewhere to belong.

It didn't matter that they would never have a child of their own. They would have Diddi, and they would have each other.

[...]

How could she tell him that his inability to father a child didn't diminish him one jot in her eyes? That she longed for his touch? Longed to join with him? Longed to be his lover?

Perhaps Sylva had been right. Perhaps gingko was the answer.

Lois huffed out a sigh of frustration. Gingko wasn't the answer. Time wasn't, either. Communication was her only option. Perhaps she could steer the conversation to Diddi and from there, slip in an assertion that she didn't want another child.

Perhaps that would make Kent realise that she wanted him, not a sperm donor.

If she'd desperately wanted another child, she would have married Romaric years ago.
So, we can see a baby Kent in the future... wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15