Originally posted by Framework4:
I'd rather think of Lori coming to Metropolis because Clark has been broadcasting whiny thoughts. Picture her after your tale, heading back to Atlantis

Spearcarrier: "Did you solve the painful whiny thoughts problem?"

Lori: "Yup, some people you have to hit with a rock, some people need a really big rock*. These two needed an Asteroid."

*a modified quote from "A Civil Campaign" by Lois McMaster Bujold
I love this idea! smile

Bobbart said: Have you read Desperately Seeking Clark by AnnieM ? This Lana is very different than your Lori, but she has the same attitude of "I'm an old LL relationship of Clark's, and since I'm here now I will be the center of his life."
I had forgotten about that story, but re-reading it today I found that I did read it a while back. It is pretty similar in that it has an old girlfriend throwing herself at Clark, which induces Lois to go for him. I guess it's just satisfying to think of Clark's exes as obsessed whackos. smile

I enjoyed this very much. It was a good way to pull in a little bit of the non-LnC Superman universe and make it work perfectly.
Thanks! laugh

I'm thrilled by all the positive feedback, and I'm a bit floored at the requests for a sequel. I didn't have anything further in mind to follow this story. I've actually got a couple of other stories I'm working on. Well, one that's really in the writing process, three others that are mostly vague ideas at the moment, and another that I'm trying to plot out. I need to figure out a good ending for before I start writing it because it would turn out to be pretty long, and if I can't find a satisfying way to end the story, I'll just waste a bunch of energy on nothing. I seem to have an easy time coming up with story premises and a hard time coming up with good endings, so I've decided that I need to write the endings first so that I know that I've got a whole story.

If anyone has a good idea for a sequel, let me know, or you're welcome to write it yourself. The best I can come up with at the moment is re-writing the rest of the episode with Lois and Clark already together, which would probably change their reactions (especially Lois's) to Lex's re-appearance. Already, they're not around to see Bender get kidnapped, and they won't see the pictures and info from Clark's FBI friend until the next day, and Lex won't run into Lois that night, so L&C are a day behind. Hmmm... We'll see if my muse can get into it. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)