After quite a bit of time without leaving fdk, I thought it was about time to get back on the right track.

I could quote at least half of this part, but I'm going to go right down to what for me was hands down the best part:

"As soon as Clyde and Ines see this truck, they are going to want to talk to you about joining them."

Kent's fingers had been spinning one of the wheels, but he stopped at her comment. "Are you asking me if I'm going to stay?"

"Are you?"

Kent gave a low rumble from somewhere deep in that - still bare - chest. "What do you want me to do, Lois?" he said, holding her eyes in the depth of his gaze.

"I want you to stay," she declared.

"Are you sure?"

She had never been more sure of anything in her life. "Yes."

"I … I don't know … I'm not sure if it will work."

"We'll make it work," Lois promised.
Four days. It took her only four days to break down his barriers. Which shows exactly the strenght of their bond. He didn't want to be there, he didn't even want to go on living and she had no need to help him in anyway. Yet she did and he, despite his initial detachment, let her.

Longing. Excitement. Nervousness. Confusion. Clarity. Elation. Apprehension.

He felt it, too.

This thing between them - Kent felt it, too.

But he thought she was married.
If Lois's thoughts about Clark weren't enough, the way she refers to her marriage surely shows that it isn't a conventional marriage. Though I still wonder why she didn't explain earlier on. True, Clark is a stranger and she owes him no explanation whatsoever, but surely she must have known that he'd assume hers was a conventional, loving marriage. There's no reason for him to believe otherwise.

Whatever he'd felt, the knowledge she was married would cause him to repress it. Lois was sure that, even without his experience with Lana, Kent had never been the sort of man to flout marriage vows.

Right when he should be allowing his heart to become receptive again, he would be smothering the new buds of life. He would shut down when he needed to be opening up.

He was probably feeling confused. Guilty. Ashamed, even.

She couldn't let that continue. He'd done nothing wrong.
This is exactly what we've all been thinking for quite a while; only for some reason it took Lois a little longer to get there laugh

But now I'm really hoping that Clark will let her explain. That, and that you can be bribed into posting sooner laugh . Next Sunday seems soooooo far away...

Cris