I must say that I've been checking the boards since last night, with baited breath, searching for Part 8, here it is... and, well, IT'S TOO SHORT! hyper I want more!

Poor Clark, basing his entire life on what Lana and Tempus did to him. I just want to give him a hug.

Lois, the excellient reporter, is getting him to admit things he doesn't want to admit. It helps that she's telling him things about herself. Coming to the village, not wanting to return. Maybe this would be a good place for him to lay-low for a while. Until he's fully healed, fully invulnerable again, it isn't safe to go off wandering in the jungle by himself. wink He should just stay there with Lois.

So, Lois was shot. Now, I (and I'm certain Kent) want to know more. If the gunrunners had shot her in the leg, how had she gotten so far away from civilization to end up found by the Bangla? Tempus had said he was dropping Clark where "she" was, so I'm going to take a huge leap and guess that he somehow was involved with getting Lois to the middle Africa, if not shot by gunrunners, and left for dead. Since her leg wound got infected, I'm going to guess she somehow ran off into the jungle / forest away from the gunrunners and got lost / passed out near the boundries and was found... More please! These few drops are not enough information.

I find it interesting that she hasn't mentioned her son to Clark. That seems more like an old Lois sort of protective instinct than a new Lois one.

I love the ending lines:

His expression mirrored her surprise.

But, then …

From the midst of his amazement, a smile slowly unfolded.

A smile.

Tentative. Faltering.

Glorious.

It dissolved the layer of aloofness, giving Lois her first unveiled glimpse of the man who had dropped into her life.

He was beautiful.

On the inside.

And on the outside, too.
Yes, Lois. He's a man. You're a woman. Perhaps you need to draw him a diagram (or 100, it might take him a while to catch on).

Sigh, now I have to wait yet another week.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.