Ah! Another chapter of this spine-tingling thriller. Thank you, Nan.

It seems to me that we're not quite close enough to the end to see the pattern yet. Who is this guy with the great teeth? I don't think he's a vampire, but he's certainly someone or something out of the ordinary. And because he described Bill Henderson as a protector in this time and seemed to compare Bill to himself, we now have to wonder if he's the anti-Tempus in this piece, a Paladin galloping through time and space to right the wrongs he sees around him. Or, maybe he's from another planet and is doing the same things Clark does, albeit in a different way.

Then again, maybe he's a Fed with excellent dental health and overly precise enunciation.

It will be interesting when Clark goes up against one of these (apparent) vampires. We'll see who's more powerful then.

And, if this happens, we have the prospect of a Great Reveal! Will Lois learn the secret in time to help Clark defeat the bad guy? Or will he share it with her just before all whatever breaks loose? Even less likely to my mind - but still possible - Lois and Clark defeat these specters of the night without The Great Reveal! (Insert echo effect here.) And what part will Bill Henderson play, and will it be a solo or a duet with Perry White?

Good story, Nan. My only complaint is that the last few chapters were too short. Or did they just grip my attention so hard that they only felt that way? Doesn't matter. I only hope that whatever held this chapter back won't afflict you again.

Looking forward to the next chapter with worms on my tongue (baited [or bated] breath).

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing