What a beautiful story, Lynn. I can totally see Clark and Lois initially reacting this way.

I find it interesting that Clark thinks autism is hereditary as I've never heard that reasoning before. I had only heard it can happen to anyone, so why not the Kents? Usually happens around the second or third birthday, which is why so many people associated it with the vaccine shots (the scientist who originally made that corrolation though, came out in the past few years stating that he either falsified his data, or didn't use scientific procedure, or had some other flaws in his testing process and that there really isn't any proof that it came from the vaccines). I've also heard too much TV and Computer (screen) time blamed. Basically, you hold your breath as a parent until they turn 4, and love your child no matter what.

You moved me in tears by the end when Todd hugs Jerome. What a wonderful moment, and to have it shared with his brother will make it an even more powerful one for Jerome. clap It explains their close relationship in Echolalia.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us in this way. I've been looking forward to this since you first mentioned the possibility of writing it, and you didn't disappoint. Of course, I've never been disappointed by a Lynn S.M. story so I guess that statement makes no sense.

I was confused at one point when they leave the doctor's office though:

She left the office, dragging Clark with one hand and Jerome with the other. Clark followed quietly behind.
You have Clark leaving twice. Is one of those supposed to be Todd?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.