Wow! Christina: Thanks for the long FDK! smile1

Ah, but that's where Cat is different from Lois. Lois would have known that Clark wouldn't have done that. Then again we are talking about season one Lois and if season one Lois had known Superman was also her work partner...
This whole arc is about "getting to know you" (to quote the old King & I song), that includes Cat. It's still early in S1.

I just knew Lois would think it was Clark.

Too bad Lois doesn't know that it's Cat. Then again, in the series this is the moment Clark earned a little respect from her. Something tells me that's not the case here.

I love that Cat's just about as scared of Lois as she is Superman here.
Cat & Lois have enough to fight about, I didn't really need to add to it. Plus, it's just like Clark to stand up for his new friend, whether or not she deserves it.

*snort* Wanting to give him a little "thank you?"
Actually that line is canon, I just moved it from the scene where Clark has given up being SM (and Lois learns Jimmy's SM idea) to this point.

Ohhh.... Cat is in so much hot water with Clark. And not the kind she likes (the "freezing" variety.)
Yep.

There are other ways to hurt a person that's not physical and sometimes the honest truth hurts, Cat. And I like the punishment.
Clark has taught Cat a valuable lesson about friendship here. Darn tooting she isn't going to Paris any longer.

To quote Yogi Berra, "Deja vu all over again."
clap I love that quote.

Too bad Lois doesn't follow the concept of "pounce" like Cat seems to.
Clark's view of what's going on is completely different than Lois'. Clark finds Lois' actions romantic, but Lois is just holding on to him because this whole deja vu thing is freaking her out. Hence why she starts rambling on about the tie as an excuse.

She misses her original Clark's wild ties it seems.
Wouldn't you?

What is wrong with those ties? Maybe the fact that Lana chose those ties. I hope you didn't bring too many that Lana chose. Maybe you can interject your own style into your wardrobe and not one chosen by your ex-fiancee.
Clark is learning stuff about himself and how much he had been influenced by Lana as well. All relationships take time to heal from. He didn't really allow himself time for that back in his dimension.

I still find it humorous that she insists on calling him Chuck.
It's really her go-to nickname instead of "Smallville".

I love how Clark's like "wait... what? Was this universe's Clark conversing with her beyond the grave?"
He doesn't know that THIS Lois knew her Clark in a "past life". But he's starting to realize that not everything is kosher in Kansas.

There was a plot like that in the comics at one time. Basically Lois decides to attempt to pair Clark up with a "friend" (that she later pushes over the railing so that Clark would feel some concerns for the friend instead of her.) Believe me the 50s were a convoluted and not so fun time for our resident duo.
wink It was still early in their relationship.

What, seriously? In any case, your welcome! Thought it kind of made sense since it had seemed like she had something like that concept already in place, just a more expanded version.
It was brilliant. And it sounds like everyone else thought so too. clap

Thanks for your feedback!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.