Thanks, Marcus.
shouting "Help Superman" doesn't really cut it if you're 500 miles from Metropolis
100% agree with you there. Sure, Clark Kent works in journalism, and can somewhat catch the news as it happens- but not always on time, and not as Superman. People must wonder how their hero gets all of those overseas calls.
There are a few problems with an ordinary cell for Superman, of course; it's easy to trace their location, and there are problems if they're used at high altitudes - your call uses bandwidth on hundreds of cells instead of the four or five nearest a caller on the ground. Satellite might be a better answer, but they're conspicuous and traceable, unless you have some cooperation from the satellite service provider - note that Bruce Wayne owns various telecommunications companies.

What he needs really is an untraceable phone satellite phone disguised as an ordinary cell phone, with a different number for each class of caller, and a different ring tone that identifies which number has been used, plus something (preferably something ultrasonic nobody else can hear) to identify known callers e.g. a warning that Lois is calling him as Superman and he should respond in character even though it's her.
I thought about the ultrasonic ringtone thing. It would make sense- though I'd imagine it would drive the neighborhood dogs crazy. I'd imagine Wayne would let Supes have one of his special phones. A Lois ringtone would be funny. Hmm...

Of course, if I'd made any of that happen, there wouldn't be much of a story... wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain