Superman found himself in need of a method for people to contact him.
For when "Help! Superman!" just doesn't cut it.

And so, it was with great remorse, that Superman got a cell phone.
1-800-BLUERED? 1-800-SUPEMAN? 1-800-IFLYYOU?

Now Clark loved his own phone- sure it didn't have all of the bells and whistles that Lois' phone had, but he didn't care about that stuff. He didn't need most of it- and any games or applications would simply go to waste, what with his double-booked schedule.
So, he's not into Angry Birds?

Not to mention, in case he had to answer it at work, then it shouldn't look any different from his regular phone.
So, it's not blue and red with a big S on it?

The second time he answered it, he was at the Planet, and though his pulse rate spiked in fear that someone would pick up on the differences, nobody did.
Does it play the L&C:TNAOS theme when it rings?

The third time he answered it, he was in public. As Superman. People were shocked to see Superman talking on his cell phone, and it ended up sprawled across every newspaper or tabloid within a hundred miles. (No kidding. Even the Gotham Gazette picked it up.)
And Batman laughed and wondered why Superman refused to play games. He was bored and wanted to play Words With Friends.

He did this on a fairly regular basis just for safety's sake.
Sounds reasonable. Also, those prank calls asking it he had Prince Albert in a can got to be annoying.

Then, one day, way down the road, Superman answered his phone, "Go for Kent."
Whoopsie!

He quickly ended the call with his wife and sheepishly smiled at his audience. "Uh, well... I guess the cat's out of the bag."
And this is why little white lies are acceptable, Clark.

His inquisitive brown eyes peered up at her just barely over the covers. "Is that really how great-grandpa told the world he was Superman?"
Ooh! *Great* grandpa! Me likey.

"Then how did he do it?"
<gives Mouse puppydog eyes>

Hmm. Well, it's a long story- full of intrigue and romance and action and chaos- and great-grandma Lois almost killing him.
rotflol

But something that complicated sounds like a story for another night, don't you think?
This had better be a promise, missy! laugh

Cute little story! I thoroughly enjoyed it! I do wonder how old Laura's son was though. Just a thought.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon