Wow, Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite fairy tale and I've probably watched the Disney version hundreds of times, so when I saw the title of this, I was definitely intrigued, but I just couldn't see how you were going to make Clark into a beast. But after reading it, I'm very impressed--taking his special gifts, which he was actually using, and then adding more changes to trigger Clark's insecurities and his fear about hurting others...brilliant! I love the prologue, and the ironic way you wrote Tempus. How fitting that he couldn't find a way to escape because he only ever makes too-complicated plans! lol

And Lois not just reading books but writing them? I love it! Perry really rang true here, and it was a stroke of genius to 'cast' him as the bookstore owner. Lex is possibly even more evil than Gaston, and it's interesting to see him here apparently without the intelligence Luthor so likes to brag about.

Can't wait to see the Guardian Angel--more brilliance by keeping Superman in the picture, even though Clark is the Beast--swoop in to rescue Lois!

Great beginning to this adaptation!