Sorry I'm really late getting back to commenting. RL (the real one) has been a real bear lately.

Thanks for everybody who managed to pick up on all the little things, like references to other episodes and the little plot untwist I tossed in. And I'm very glad so many found the humor in this little story, since that's just what I was going for.

I'm not sure if everybody caught on to the parts of the story that were in honor of the two birthday girls. Everyone caught onto Elena's appearance in the story, but may or may not have understood the in-joke. Elena's a big fan of Tempus. In one thread on this messageboard for Wendy's Tank Ending to her "When Larry Met Charlie", Elena referred to herself as Mrs. Tempus. With her "love" of Tempus so well-known, I'm surprised a fic like this hasn't appeared sooner.

Thanks to Wendy for coming up with Elena's surname in this story. Unbenownst to me, the surname actually is the name of a famous coffee brewer near Elena's hometown in Italy. Elena likes her coffee as much as L&C do.

For Laura, her two alter-egos made an appearance as Lois' two friends as they passed Grover Cleveland Hall. The hall name was in honor of Laura's hometown. And the setting of the story in college was in honor of her master's degree. Congratulations again, Laura!

And happy belated birthday to the both of you.

Thanks to LauraC, Jose, Wendy, Barb, Pam, Kathy, LauraU, Merry, Maria, Tricia, Missy, Karen, Elena, and Ursie for their kind and wonderful comments! And a special thanks to Kathy, who BR'ed this story just minutes before posting.

Oh, and one other thing, the title of the story, "College Tempus", is a play on College Campus.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin