She pressed her frozen hands to her face only to remove them from the sweating heat she found there.
Oh dear. An entire zombie parade just walked over her grave.

Clark Kent was real. His hometown existed. His parents lived there.
I just had the craziest thought: What if Lois went to Smallville on a middleschool field trip and had some really bad encounter with some of the more ruffian inhabitants of the town and then bumped her noggin on a tree stump? And it’s only now starting to come back to her. Maybe triggered by Ralph. Maybe triggered by Call-Me-Daniel.

Lois was getting closer to Clark with every moment.
Uuuuuu…

Would she really find him?
No.

You’re the best reporter Metropolis has ever seen.
What if even *that* encouragement is just a wishful figment of her imagination. help

There’s Ken Small of the Smallville Smalls, but if I were you…” Maisie lowered her voice. “I wouldn’t seek him out. He’s a few ears short of a bushel, if you know what I mean.”
eek It was the Small-family. They got tired of marrying their daughters! Also, keeping the bloodlines close could explain the bushel shortness.

“Jonathan broke his spine a few years back and can’t walk. He’s stuck in a wheelchair.
mecry Did Martha catch him with Mrs. Irig?

She tried to take deep breaths but somehow she started hyperventilating instead. The room began to swim.

Lois, please. I need you to be calm.
Yeah, right, Clark. As if it isn’t you who’s causing that latest panic attack.

~I’m fine.~ She wasn’t, but she wasn’t going to let Clark know it.
Hello! Imaginary voice right inside your mind. But then, there’s no reasoning with the mentally unstable. On the plus side, Doc Quack is likely not going to be attracted to a real cuckoo. No matter the measurements. She might bite him.

Maisie walked back up. “But if you don’t feel like chores, I can call Lawrence and see if they have room at their motel.” She gave Lois a grimace as if she didn’t recommend it.
“No need. I’m right in investigation heaven right there.”

Who knows, maybe they have a handsome son or farmhand for me to fall in love with,
Down girl.

How could that be? Clark had to exist. He had to. There were too many coincidences for this one fact to be wrong:
/points to above explanation/

It wasn’t like she had put two and two together and come up with sixty-four.
Yeah, she needs another four twos for that. Or two twos. Yeah, she could come up with 64 using four twos all together.

And Lois wasn’t following Clark’s commands like some nutso with an AK-47.
“Kill Linda. Kill Dan. Kill Perry. Kill Jimmy.”

She had still kissed Scardino despite Clark’s objections.
She’s still spiteful?

So, in her opinion, in spite of everything, she was in full control of her mental capacities.
See? “I’ll have nookie with Dan just to prove you wrong.”

He would never cash it in. He wanted to make it on his own merits, but knowing it was there as his back-up plan made him daring and was part of his charm.
/Waits for Lois to call herself galactically stupid/

He seemed only to fear for her safety.
Duh!

. So when she had one of her cockamamie plans, instead of trying to talk her out of it until he was blue in the face, Clark just usually went along.
Duh! It’s much less stressful that way. Plus, Lois might end up wearing a favorable costume. Or with the same room as the Prankster.

Her latest dream – point of fact – seemed to disprove this theory though, because in it Lex wasn’t the bad guy. He had been the victim.
Exception proving rule? Even bad guys can have a bad day?

She treated herself after enduring several weeks of sleepless nights at home after Ralph had forced himself on her. The Lexor was a treat, indeed: silk sheets, a big screen television, a sunken tub, a huge gift basket of snacks, and Security just a phone call away. Everything that a woman needed to pamper herself.
shock

Lois had been in said sunken tub, relaxing in a bubble bath when Lex had called and offered her company. No, thank you, she had explained again.
/imagines Lex showing up with the master key while she’s in the tub, relaxing, holding flowers, a box of chocolates, champagne, and wearing a Hawaiian tie. “Hi, babe! Miss me?” /imagines Lois now owning a gun and having it close by all the time devil Poor maid will have to bring extra good cleaning equipment to remove stains from ceiling.

It had been Lex who had proposed that she spend the night at the Lexor after she explained what had happened with Ralph, and she had taken him up on the offer
Got her out of the way and outfitted with an alibi for the night things came down on Ralph?

Perhaps he had thrown the camera and Lois onto the bed as an excuse to kiss her and the maid just happened to walk in at that point and time.
That would have been very dangerous a gamble. Unless he planned on kissing Lois until the maid showed up? Or he paid the maid to show up around that time?

What are you mad at me for?

“Why do you think?”
/checks calendar/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.