Oh, look! Part 2! blush
Twice Lois almost turned around to return home, but she would have been stuck in the same rush-hour traffic with nothing to show for it so she persevered.
Yes. Better face Clark than rush-hour traffic. I like where this is headed…

Lois climbed the stairs slowly, still desperately trying to figure out what she was going to say.
How about: “Umm… Amm… Uhhh… I… Clark… Umm… Amm… I… You… Umm… Amm… Uhhh… We…”

Spending an evening with Clark was better than yoga for her blood pressure.
goofy And since she’s already on the track. Soon it will actually be a workout like yoga and elevate her heartrate?

What if she lost that? What if she ruined the easy companionship they currently shared?
I’m sure there are lots of yoga studios in Metropolis. And if she’s lucky, the Planet’s health plan will cover it. Plus, she will likely book a course at a yoga studio run by an evil environmentalist, thus also get a story out of it.

"You can say anything to your best friend."
Yes. Didn’t Clark say “I can’t take it anymore. Take me, if you still want me, I’m yours.” And, they’re still here. Earth is also still spinning nicely.

For half a second she was tempted to turn around and run.
/imagines Clark’s look on his face/ But hey, it could be worse. Mayson could open the door.

In addition to the smile he was wearing jeans and dark gray t-shirt that was every bit as form fitting as the one he'd worn on their almost date.
“In addition to” goofy Well, there’s Sugar and Spice right there in the living room… So, at least, two?

How romantic could half an already-opened bottle be anyway?
goofy But that would make their *next* date, the one that’s the actual, official date, their *third* date. Umm…never mind. I just realized that was a stupid worry.

Especially when I'd be happy just to come over and count how many spices you have."

He grinned and let out a surprised laugh. "I can tell that not knowing is really starting to get to you."
Spice counting can be romantic.

"Are you kidding me?" she exclaimed in amazement. "Do you actually use all of these?"
/imagines sheepish shrug/

"Why not make chocolate pudding if you're going to go to all that trouble? Vanilla is so… bland."
goofy

"Macaroni and cheese," he said, as if it should have been obvious to her. "You make your roux, add milk, peel an onion and stick a bay leaf to it with a clove. Let that simmer in the sauce while it thickens. It gives it a nice complexity."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.