She was starting to warm to the idea of having a few days off to recharge when she stopped short in front a Vermeer, caught off guard by the discreet plaque underneath that read "A gift from the collection of Lex Luthor".
Doh! I'm glad she happened to see this to crack her carefully built walls. Good to get her mind rolling.

By the time she got home she had castigated herself for the extra five pounds she had put on over the holidays and still hadn't lost.
This made me chuckle. What a list of grievances.

The memory of him carrying her to the bedroom door was enough to make her brain short-circuit. God help her, she wanted him.
<vbg>

Superman obviously knew she was home. She couldn't go quiet and fool him into flying away.
Pesky superhearing...

Superman had gone completely silent behind her. Lois wondered what he must think of her now but she didn't want to turn around and find out.
Oh I think he loves you just a little bit more now!

"I want to be his… everything. All of it. I just don't want him to be my everything."
I love her brutal honesty here. So true to Lois.

I especially like that he points out his love of her recklessness while at the same time his need to be so cautious. Plants the seed nicely for Lois to take a chance with Clark. I like the double meaning of SM being careful in general and having to be careful around Lois specifically.

On to part 2...