“Santa only washed his hands after a reminder from a friendly elf.”
/cocks eyebrow/ Good thing, Santa’s daytime job is in the deli section of the super market.

I definitely saw him on more than one occasion take some fluids to ward off the cold.
/imagines a green bottle with three big X on the front/

“You have a child, Jimmy?”
Hey, that would have been a twist!

“I’ll be fine, Lois,” Clark reassured her before walking Jimmy to the elevator.
Oooooh, how about Clark gets infected with the Kryptonian virus and Lois tells him “I explicitly warned you!”

She would have to wait to spy on Cost Mart when the store was less busy. Like after the holidays.
clap

Suddenly she felt a wave of Christmas charity for her partner and said to him as if she hadn’t overheard Cat, “So, are we still on for tonight?”
Funny, how Christmas charity and jealousy have such similar symptoms…

“It’s what those of us without holiday plans do for the holidays.”
Uuuuuuuhhh…

“I don’t want to spend Christmas locked inside Cost Mart, looking for some unknown secret that they don’t want the great Lois Lane to discover.
Yes, but he would be alone for a whole night with Lois. With a big mattress department right there in the story. Just saying…

Lois’s eyes formed slits. Clark had friends and obligations outside of the Daily Planet?
clap

With him it could have been a lark.
Maybe she should have mentioned the benefits, then?

How late would it be before Clark left his Clinton Street apartment for his “date” with his other “friends”?
Sounds like Superman’s already gone out the window…

Was he dating a single mom with kids? Was that why he had bought all those toys?
No. But what *is* going on?

How could he have so much going on in his life and not tell anyone at work? Not tell her? Not one word! She was his partner, after all. Or, at least, she considered herself so.
Poor Lois. clap

“So, where is he off to? This boyfriend, husband, or lover of yours?”
Ouch.

“Ah.” The cabbie nodded. “But there isn’t anything romantic happening here?”

“Of course not!”

“Of course not,” repeated the cabbie with a nod.
clap

Superman? Judy suddenly had Lois’s full attention. “Superman?”
Oh boy.

Was that why Kent was here? Another Superman exclusive?
This could get ugly.

As they finished the final verse, a plume of soot and ash came out of the large fireplace on the side of the dining hall.
Oooooh!

What was she thinking? It couldn’t possibly be Clark. It was Superman. It had to be.
This could get really ugly.

And he had said that his mother had made his suit. Mrs. Claus? He had also said that last year his father had…
clap

Christmas was too big of a step for her fledgling romance with Lex. When Lex had called earlier in the week, he had meant next Friday, not this Friday. Lex had explained the error after she told him she would be working on Christmas and couldn’t jet off to Europe for dinner the night before.
Yeah, I’m buying that one. Uh-huh.

Well, she had said, if it was such a crazy idea where had Superman gotten such a fine Santa disguise? Clark had admitted that it was his… or his father’s. He had lent it to Superman.
clap

“Okay, but you bebber bring videoth,” she ordered, giving up. “Anb no ‘anky-panky.”
Lois!

Well, if Lois couldn’t have Super Claus for Christmas, she guessed she wouldn’t mind settling for her own personal Santa, her Jolly St. Clark.
Awwww, what a wonderful Christmas gift, Virginia! Merry Christmas!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.