And toys. Lots and lots of toys.
I'm guessing charity work. Or a Peter-Pan syndrome. wink

She had planned on giving them to Perry. Now, she thought peevishly, she couldn’t. Now, she had to think of another gift for their editor. Thanks, Clark. Thanks a lot!
The nerve of some people, trying to be helpful and all.

“Lois, my cart!” he sputtered.
<imagines Clark coming back to his cart after other shoppers have picked it clean>

“You aren’t disgusted by this?” Lois said in shock, before catching herself. “Of course not. I bet this is exactly how everyone in Smallville pictures Christmas in Metropolis. This commercial cesspool of germs and greed.”
<sings> You're a mean one, Mrs. Grinch...

“What planet are you from?” she replied with anger, throwing her hand back the way they had come.
"Krypton, actually. We don't celebrate Christmas there, per se, but the Winter Solstice requires us to duel half naked in the streets."

“My dad was Santa last year…” His voice faded and he sniffled.
I can totally see that too!

Too late? It was never too late to make a difference. She marched over to Cost Mart’s management office to offer up her services.
Getting Clark volunteered as Santa and her as the Mrs...or a scantily clad elf? Clark would love that!

Perry grinned. “You must have some reputation as an investigative reporter, honey, if they have your name and photo on a blacklist.”
Hmmm...there goes that theory, of Lois being Clark's lovely assistant.

Lois suddenly got one of her brilliant ideas and called to Jimmy from her desk. “I think you’re ready.”

Jimmy’s jaw dropped in shock. “You do?”
Oooh! Scheming to be done! clap

“Yes.” She left it at that. She might not know how to fish, but that didn’t mean she didn’t know how to use a lure.
clap Great first half! Can't wait to read the rest!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon