Originally posted by MLT:
So... who do you think is right? Clark - in thinking the worst is over - or Lois - in thinking the worst is yet to come?
Definitely Lois.

I'm glad that she sent Dan packing and that she and Clark have made amends. I always much prefer stories where the conflict is L&C against the world rather than Lois vs. Clark. (One of the things I loved about the first couple of parts of this trilogy was how you managed to have such interesting and lengthy stories with very little A plot and, after the initial part of the first story, with L&C being together and mutually supportive.)

“What the hell were you thinking, Clark?” Her voice as soft, but probing, and he could hear the hurt in her tone.

“Lois...”

“Has anyone ever told you you’re an idiot?”

“You. Regularly.”
The bluntspeak (to use a neo-Larryism) was lol and just what they needed to clear the air.

What were they hoping to capture - super sex?
Did they have a camera pointed at the ceiling?

It flashed through her mind that, just like they had found bugs in their apartment, she had planted a bug in Bill Church’s hospital room. Was that really so different?
I'm glad you had Lois think of this, since the thought had occurred to me, as well. But somehow, I suspect that even if the bugs had been omitted from the bedroom, she would have found some rationalization to avoid equating the two. I somehow can't see Lois being content to be the target of a bug, no matter how willing she is to do the bugging.

On to read the other part 4 comments, and then I get to enjoy part 5. smile

Joy,
Lynn