I understand about the guide dog but when Clark gets his sight back what will happen to Shadow?

Also didn't you have them fake an injury,“Welder’s flash” , that causes short term blindness? If that is the case would someone normally get a guide dog?
Welder's flash usually results in short term vision loss. But there is nothing to say it can't be long term or even permanent - especially if there are complications.

As for getting a guide dog... There are no specific guidelines on who can and cannot get guide dogs. I even came across sites that talked about getting your own dog and training him yourself. Since Clark is now thinking his condition might be permanent, I suspect he convayed that information to the people at the MCB and since they had a guide dog ready to go without a master waiting for him... Clark got him.

As to what will happen to Shadow "when Clark gets his sight back"... I don't recall ever saying that Clark was going to get his eyesight back. laugh And if he does... Well, I guess you'll have to read the story to find out what happens.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane