It was so nice of Griffen and Victor to come to Kansas and convince Clark to go to Metropolis, wasn't it? I'm beginning to think that's to whom Lois made that second phone call that morning ... oh, sure, she made it sound like she was making plane reservations but NO! she was telling the Prankster where to find her, so Clark would have to get off his blind horse (metaphorically speaking) and rescue her and she'd get all her problems solved with one toss of a stone...

OK, not ALL of her problems solved. I mean she still has that lunkhead of a boyfriend who keeps sending her mixed messages. "Meet me in the hayloft." vs. "I'm blind, so I can't go with you to Metropolis, so I'm going to break up with you." Maybe Michael's right. Intimacy has increased Clark's IQ a bit. laugh Although I am surprised it took the Prankster, lying to Rachel, and ALL DAY for him to discover this:

“Okay, well, I learned a couple of things. First... Lois, last night was incredible. And I guess I realized that it’s going to kill me to lose you.”
And Lois, really! If a hunk of a man waits until he was almost 30 before becoming intimate with someone, do you think he hadn't thought forward from the night before? There were only two possible outcomes: 1)break Lois's heart for her own good, which Lois seems very good at thwarting, and 2) THIS. Please! This shouldn't have been a surprise:
Rachel laughed. “Okay, true enough. So what are you doing here, anyway? Come home to get your parents’ blessing on your engagement?”

Lois immediately felt color rise in her cheeks and ducked her head as she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Not yet,” Clark said.

Surprised, Lois turned to him. What was he suggesting? Was he saying that it was only a matter of time before he asked her to... Was he really thinking that he wanted to...
I mean, DUH! Sorry, channeling Tempus there.

Okay, I'm with the other 100 people reading this story (the ones who commented and the lurkers, of course) when I say... Please! Please! Please! grovel Post part 1 of Episode 2 tonight!

PS: I like to shovel snow! (Of course, my kids don't like it when I travel without them.)

Oh! I almost forgot. Lois really ISN'T going to put Clark up at her Mom's is she? That would cause her mother to start drinking again, wouldn't it?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.