He gulped. Glancing at the door, Clark wished, hoped that Jimmy would run in and with a laugh, tell them it was all a joke.
So, references it Part 2A?

“So unless you plan on breaking me out of here…” Her voice held a note of hope that he hated to dash.
Good idea!

“I’m sorry, Honey. Superman only breaks the innocent out of jail and…” Oh, why had he phrased it like that?
/slaps Clark left and right with an emerald-studded gauntlet.

“And I’m guilty,” she groaned. “That’s okay. I deserve this. It’s a better fate than Jimmy got.”

He agreed with her, but refused to say so out loud.
/Begins thinking about removing as yet unused body parts from Clark

Lois pressed her lips together and raised a brow. “You keep saying things like that and I may have to put you out of your misery.”

His face brightened. “Conjugal visits?” he asked optimistically.
laugh

“Tell you what…” She took another step back. “I’ll let you have a peek for free.”
eek

he confessed, wishing he had the guts to admit he had snuck a peek once before by accident.
Oh? How did that happen? After they were engaged? Or before? During the pheromone incident?

Instead of the kiss, he felt her take his glasses. He opened his eyes with a cautious glance at the door. “Lois!” he hissed.
Oh dear.

“Look at me!” she demanded.
rotflol

Lois had pled guilty of killing Jimmy, even if it had been an accident.
It wasn't even an accident. Jimmy's actions where self-inflicted.

He walked back to Metropolis, unable to find the joy to fly.

*** The End ***
Oh dear. And, of course, am now demanding happy ending for this version of the story, too wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.