Thanks for all the feedback! It's great to hear your thoughts. I was thinking this version would be more popular since it's our Lois and Clark. It's interesting that some of you have different thoughts about the ending of version 2. Some assume it will be happy and others aren't sure. I have a feeling it depends on how invested you are in Desperate Housewives.

Mouserocks:

I feel like it would be best though if we never found out her choice... but I still want to know.
I feel the same way too.

Tank

But really, I enjoyed the first part the most... can you guess why?
I was going to try to expand the hair cut issue in version 2 with her looking into the mirror and feeling she was seeing someone else but it didn't work out. I thought it might be easier for the reader to imagine Susan as Lois with the haircut too.

IolantheAlias

I like Alt-universes too. You can have so much fun playing with them.

HappyGirl

The characters in the first ending aren't really Lois and Clark, but Susan and an actor playing Superman.
Excellent point. When I was writing it, I was thinking more of Teri and Dean acting it out on DH, but you're right. It's not really Lois and Clark.

VirginiaR

I thought the first ending felt like a past (future?) lives version of L&C. (mini soul mates episode) Where they know they were meant for each other but they had already met other people, so it wasn't to be. Kind-of bittersweet.
Yeah! That's what I was going for. hyper

I'm personally think this would be a terrific way to end DH at the end of this season. Kind of a nod to the iconic Bob Newark Show's ending. And both shows (L&C and DH) were/are ABC shows...
That would be fun. smile

Thanks again!

Joan