Originally posted by HappyGirl:
It feels to me like the first ending is really a Desperate Housewives story with a nod to Superman. The characters in the first ending aren't really Lois and Clark, but Susan and an actor playing Superman. The second ending feels like a true Lois and Clark story. The characters really are Lois and Clark. I loved the way you ended it, and, unlike Mouserocks, I'm taking the liberty to assume that as soon as she recognizes Clark as Clark her decision is made.
*nods* I agree with you here, Happy. That's definitely the feel I got from each story. My point was that, with no plans to further the second one, I liked the first better. Version #1 left you with that wistful "perhaps" feeling, and Version #2 had me up and running around in circles wondering what would happen. Not that the second reaction's a bad thing, just the first fits my current mood more. huh

And, as I subscribe to both shows, it's a little difficult for me to brush off and just assume Clark was her choice... not to say he shouldn't be, because he is the right choice. laugh I don't know. This had many good points, but I just wasn't looking for that sort of conflict right now. I'll come back to this in two weeks and change my mind again. blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain