It always comes as a nice surprise.
/reminisces in fond memories/ It does, doesn't it smile

Now I am picturing Alt-Clark as a pirated copy of Clark. And I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate being thought of as bootlegged.
I read this before I was really, truly, awake and it read as 'Alt-Clark as a pirate copy of Clark. And then, for reasons probably related to my translator microbes still asleep, 'bootlegged' came a across as a peg-leg for pirate Alt-Clark.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit.
No,no, it's fine. And I've the same issues. I always figure, so long as the dear reader stumbles across it not too long from first reference and realizes he was just still asleep, it's all right.

Point of curiosity: Could Clark even get a tan?
There was a fun bit in Love and Capes, where the Superhero protagonist got himself a tan by corona-bathing.

"Gee, uh, thanks C.K.. I'll put it on my bookshelf." (Meanwhile wondering why his friend had given him such a garish tchotchke.)
Hey, he might also congratulate Lois and Clark to Superman getting Lois pregnant.

I'm glad that something good came of all of those extra over-time hours.
/nods/ I'm still not back to writing, even though work's back to kind of normal.

wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.