The Inconveniences of Doing Superman's Laundry: 1/?
For some unknown, strange reason, I was really scratching my head over the title. It sounded like a short comedy piece without A-plot. But that didn't compute. It's not your M.O. Of course, I could have simply shrugged and read on, instead of thinking long and hard about it. Which I did, of course laugh

This was Janeane Schumer, that new member of the Dirt Digger who had printed that nasty little piece last week inferring that Superman picked and chose when he made rescues and citing, among others, the death of Lex Luthor to back it up.
laugh

"But that didn't solve the problem," Clark objected. "It just made it somebody else's."
*Really*, Clark?

"So?" Lois said. "It solved *my* problem, and if somebody was willing to steal something from my car, they deserved whatever they got."
See?

"Yeah, I suppose so," the waitress said, wistfully. "Have you ever actually seen Superman -- you know -- I mean, you're both guys ...." Clark could feel his face growing warm again. "Have you ever seen him ... you know, change clothes?"
I'm wondering if the waitress is a groupie or been bought by the Digger?

"And how about underwear?" Lois asked. "Does he ever ask you to wash his underwear?"
Sounds like Lois got a new hobby. Or, well, a new means to exercise her hobby.

Superman, rather. As he watched, Lois did something and the outfit changed to that of a T-shirt and jeans. Belatedly, he saw that the website advertised the advantage of seeing how an outfit would look on "that special person in your life."
Oh boy.

and sooner or later it was quite possible that she would put two and two together.
Nah...

So, how many parts are you figuring? Ballpark wise? And when might we be getting another morsel? grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.