The part of her dream where Clark had said that Jenny thought a romance with a coworker was fine, couldn’t have been a coincidence.
Ding! Score a point for Lois!

As she pulled out the data, she almost smiled at the fact that she didn’t have any ongoing investigations that related to sewage.
LOL!

She looked across the room and discovered that Clark was at his desk. And so was that blonde. And Clark was holding her hand.
jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

Based on the last expression she saw on Jimmy’s face, she could almost hear his voice saying, ‘Clark’s in trouble.’
Very much so!

Clark looked up at her. “Hi Lois, do you know Jamie? She was getting me a file from the morgue when a door slammed on her hand. I was just making sure there weren’t any broken bones.”
That's so Clark. Ever the Boy Scout. smile

Lois was still trying to nail down an opening line when she realized that they had reached the small downtown park that they had used so many times for quick outdoor lunches.
The same park where Clark professed his love before she almost married Lex???

“Clark, what I wanted to tell you that day was…” she had trouble saying it. “I think I’ve been falling in love with you for a long time.” She couldn’t maintain eye contact and she ended up saying the last word to the ground.
/me melts into a puddle of goo

While the kiss was gentle, it was full of promise and hints of a future together.
Lovely wording. Just lovely.

Simply wonderful! I just love the ending. I really enjoyed the ride you took us on in this story. Thanks for sharing with us!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon