Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bobbart FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 06:59 PM
Here it is. This is probably the closest I will ever get to songfic.

Like I said up front, this was just a little fluff for summer. I hope everyone had some fun reading it. (Now maybe I can get a delivery on one of those other stories I’ve wanted to start. smile )

Finally, I have to thank HappyGirl once more for her above-and-beyond beta effort.

Bob
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 07:13 PM
The part of her dream where Clark had said that Jenny thought a romance with a coworker was fine, couldn’t have been a coincidence.
Ding! Score a point for Lois!

As she pulled out the data, she almost smiled at the fact that she didn’t have any ongoing investigations that related to sewage.
LOL!

She looked across the room and discovered that Clark was at his desk. And so was that blonde. And Clark was holding her hand.
jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

Based on the last expression she saw on Jimmy’s face, she could almost hear his voice saying, ‘Clark’s in trouble.’
Very much so!

Clark looked up at her. “Hi Lois, do you know Jamie? She was getting me a file from the morgue when a door slammed on her hand. I was just making sure there weren’t any broken bones.”
That's so Clark. Ever the Boy Scout. smile

Lois was still trying to nail down an opening line when she realized that they had reached the small downtown park that they had used so many times for quick outdoor lunches.
The same park where Clark professed his love before she almost married Lex???

“Clark, what I wanted to tell you that day was…” she had trouble saying it. “I think I’ve been falling in love with you for a long time.” She couldn’t maintain eye contact and she ended up saying the last word to the ground.
/me melts into a puddle of goo

While the kiss was gentle, it was full of promise and hints of a future together.
Lovely wording. Just lovely.

Simply wonderful! I just love the ending. I really enjoyed the ride you took us on in this story. Thanks for sharing with us!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 07:24 PM
Awwww... sloppy

A wonderfully WAFFy ending. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 07:31 PM
Adorable through and through. I knew she was dreaming in part 4 but I liked the reality of part 5 much better. Good job! Laura
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 07:51 PM
Bob, that was a really cute story. Give your UPS man a chocolate chip cookie next time he rings the doorbell! Maybe that will get you one of the other stories.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 09:28 PM
So many good lines.

I did get a kick out of this:
As she pulled out the data, she almost smiled at the fact that she didn’t have any ongoing investigations that related to sewage.
Tee-hee! Of course, by definition, almost any story about politicians deals with sewage. evil
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 09:50 PM
Great job, Bob! Like you said, that was a perfect WAFFy story for summer. smile
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 06/30/11 11:58 PM
Great ending! I adored the slow progression from remembering holding hands in the dream to actually holding hands to the hug to the kiss. Great way to show the progression of their relationship on a physical level. thumbsup

I love that Clark immediately gives an explanation for why he's holding the blonde's hand--clear sign that he's interested in Lois and doesn't want her getting any wrong ideas!

Very cute story--I enjoyed it a great deal. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/01/11 05:23 AM
Delightful tale. Very nice. Please consider a sequel or at least an epilogue, after all Clark still needs to own up to moonlighting in tights. smile
clap clap
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/01/11 07:16 AM
Lovely, Bob. clap Great build-up and wonderfully WAFFY conclusion.

Corrina.
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/01/11 10:07 AM
I always enjoy your stories, and this one was no exception. clap Thank you for posting.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/01/11 10:56 AM
Sweet. Romantic. More hand holding. Oh, the beginning of romance. Sigh. How wonderful. razz Bad girl, trying to swoop in on Lois's turf. Good thing she retreated when Lois came forward. Wise move. Lois knows karate! And that's Lois's man whose hand you're holding.

Great job. Very enjoyable.
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/01/11 01:47 PM
Such a cute story! clap I kept expecting the blonde to turn out to be Mayson, though... wink

Thanks for the fun ride! smile
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/02/11 05:08 AM
This was so cute! I thoroughly enjoyed every part! clap

smile
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/02/11 04:10 PM
This was a really sweet story. I loved how Lois took the rumors and thought about the implications before acting on them. It was refreshing to see Lois check the water level before leaping in.

And Clark's reaction was adorable - confused and then eager when he found out that Lois wanted more with him. WaFFy smile.

B
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/07/11 01:14 PM
She looked across the room and discovered that Clark was at his desk. And so was that blonde. And Clark was holding her hand.
clap

“Yeah,” Lois replied with a smile. “I’m looking forward to really giving them something to talk about.”
laugh Of course, now they're going to wonder what the reason for the sudden increase in PDA is. Did they move in together? Has he proposed? Is Lois pregnant?

Sweet story, Bob. Lot's of light summer fun. clap
Michael
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/07/11 11:58 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry that it's taken my so long to get back to you. I hope this wasn't too much fluff but it was what I got out of that song. As I said several times, this was all about capturing that song in a LnC short. Not a lot of depth, (which was hte reason I kept refusing delivery from my muse) but it was what was in the song.

Deadly Chakram:
That's so Clark. Ever the Boy Scout.
That X-Ray vision can come in handy.
Thanks for the feedback.

Lynn:
WAFFy - It's what I do. smile

Laura:
...she was dreaming in part 4 but I liked the reality of part 5 much better.
Me too!

Artemis:
Give your UPS man a chocolate chip cookie next time he rings the doorbell! Maybe that will get you one of the other stories.
Believe it or not I got a delivery while I was standing on top of a ladder painting a section of the ceiling this past weekend. The problem is that it is only the very beginning of a story that could go a lot of different ways. Now I'm back to waiting for another delivery. I've even thought about posting only the beginning, but we'll see.

Iolanthe:
by definition, almost any story about politicians deals with sewage.
I didn't notice the connection before, but I suspect that my subconscious did. smile

HappyGirl:
Thank you. And thank you for all your help - and for the Chocolate Chip waffles!

AntiKryptonite:
Great ending! I adored the slow progression from remembering holding hands in the dream to actually holding hands to the hug to the kiss. Great way to show the progression of their relationship on a physical level.
blush Thank you so much.

Framework4:
Please consider a sequel or at least an epilogue, after all Clark still needs to own up to moonlighting in tights.
I will admit that this particular story leaves that out. To be honest, I feel like a sequel would have to be based on another song. If I find one - or one finds me - then it will happen.

Corrina:
Thank you. I'm happy that you liked it. Now I need to find the time and go read TMTY. (I am SO far behind on what I want to read!)

Vicki:
I always enjoy your stories, and this one was no exception.
Thank you. I hope I can keep it up.

Virginia R:
Bad girl, trying to swoop in on Lois's turf. Good thing she retreated when Lois came forward. Wise move.
I think Jamie and Clark both exercised some good decision making in this situation.

mozartmaid:
I kept expecting the blonde to turn out to be Mayson
I don't think Mayson would have retreated as gracefully. Hmmm... I think I see a story idea.

DW:
This was so cute! I thoroughly enjoyed every part!
Thank you.

BJ:
It was refreshing to see Lois check the water level before leaping in.
I guess that wasn't typical Lois, was it? Well, it worked. smile

Michael:
Of course, now they're going to wonder what the reason for the sudden increase in PDA is. Did they move in together? Has he proposed? Is Lois pregnant?
jawdrop Now that would be an interesting sequel...

Thank you all so much for your kind words.
Bob
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/09/11 09:44 AM
Now that would be an interesting sequel...
Just had a title idea: "More Rumors" blush

Michael
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 07/22/11 09:43 AM
A thoroughly delightful story. I prefer WAFFY endings myself. I would wish that I had a muse like that. dance
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 08/14/11 05:09 PM
Sorry to be so late on the switch. RL has been... well, lets say "interesting" and leave it at that.

Michael:
Re: "More Rumors". If I can ever get my muse to stop by again, I might have a go at it. smile

Ken:
You said:
I prefer WAFFY endings myself. I would wish that I had a muse like that.
My muse is what he is. However, considering the "everybody dies" idea that came to me last week, I'm wondering if my muse was body-snatched.

Thanks for the note. Sorry that I took so long to reply.

Bob
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 08/14/11 07:47 PM
I don't know, Bob. Shakespeare wrote plenty of very WaFFy comedies, and plenty of tragedies where 'everybody dies.' Maybe his comedic muse had an evil twin. wink
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 10/19/11 07:23 PM
Bob, I read this a few weeks ago on the archive and have been meaning to come back here ever since to tell you how much I liked it. Songfic (or approximations thereof) often sets my teeth on edge; honestly, I only checked out this story because I like this particular song. But you did it so well. The story has a natural flow and a lovely sweetness, and the inspiration song was woven in delicately. Great job!
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Rumors (5/5) - 10/21/11 11:31 PM
Hi, MrsMosley. wave

Thank you for the note. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

You said:
Songfic (or approximations thereof) often sets my teeth on edge;
Me too. smile

Bob
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards