/whispers/ That explanation could be considered massive spoiler wink If one wouldn't very firmly expect this Lois to return home someday since it would otherwise make younger-Lois go poof. At least, younger-Lois would have to go back in time some day, too, and then our-Clark would be all alone. Either way, our-Lois has to go back some day, so, that was a given. Unless it's a Greek Tragedy.

“India. Train derailment,” Lois replied shortly.

“Yeah, right.”

Lois rolled her eyes, picked up the TV remote in the center of the table and turned on MNN.
/does tentative smile/

On second thought, you might want to add a (non-specific, or maybe 'relationship') WHAM warning to the story, based on 3-9. Alt-Lois's fate, too, probably.

“OK. OK. People. This Ultra Woman person is our only story. Is she from Krypton? If not, where did she come from? Is she here to stay? What is her relationship with Superman?
When will she do the Playboy shoot? Will she be automatically Playmate of the Year? How much will Hef pay her? Will she float for the poses? Is she carrying Superman's love child? Did she blow up the car of his previous squeeze? Come on, people, the Digger's getting all the headlines!

What is her secret identity? He had one, so we can assume she does too.
/looks around suspiciously/ Who dunked Ralph in the Mentamide vat?

Lois bit her tongue so the words she wanted to scream at him didn’t emerge.
Bantha Poodo?

“Photos! People, did any of you actually remember to bring a camera with you to the mayor’s party?”
/wags finger/ Okay, the fun's up, people. M-5's dangerous in too high a dose. I don't care who did it, but you need to tell me if it's been more than 24 hours or if it's enough to just acid-scrub Ralph's body until he's clean again.

“Great! Biggest news since Superman and we don’t even have a photo. Mr. Olsen!”
Ooooh, photos!

He threw five photographs on the table. “I took some pictures, Ralph. Hope they help.”
clap

Her punch wasn’t that hard… not Super Strength hard, but this photo showed definite air beneath his heels. Super.
Hey, the gig's up anyway!

These were the ones I didn’t give to Ralph.” It was a thick envelope. He had written: For Clark, Private across the front.
Oh boy.

“Ultra Woman is amazing, Lucy. You should have seen her. Beautiful, full of joy, laughter, and spunk. From the moment I first saw her until she left, I couldn’t stop taking photos of her.”
clap So, did she already meet the Presses?

“It’s hard on any marriage. Plus, I’d miss my friends.
That's a bit TMI, don't you think, *Lucy*?

My friends who go to super parties and don’t invite me. I really should get new friends.”
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.